Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mario Mario2, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have, however, run into an issue, as when I try to use the same digital license, I get the error message below: "Edition doesn’t match The Windows editions on the devices listed below don’t match the Windows edition installed on the device that you’re using at the moment."Is it possible for me to use this windows 10 pro license

:)

Mario Mario2, Nov 23, 2022

2. Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Nov 23, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

1. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial - Similar Threads - Professional License used

2. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  3. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  4. Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license?

Getting new PC with Windows 10 HOME trial and want to use my existing license?: I don't quite know how to go about this practically.I have Windows 10 Home installation that was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO by buying a retail license.Then the Windows 10 PRO was updated to Windows 11 via Windows updates.Now I am buying a new PC that will come preinstalled...
  5. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  6. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  7. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Windows 10 Home trial

Windows 10 Home trial: Hi there I bought a laptop yesterday and they guy explained to me that the Windows 10 Home version will expire after 10 days. How do I check how many days are left of the trial period? Everywhere I check it only says that Windows 10 Home is activated, it does not state that...
  9. Windows 10 Professional [ License ]

Windows 10 Professional [ License ]: I recently bought a license key from Software Geeks online. But when I entered the Key , it didn't work. Has anyone had the same problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-professional-license/972414c3-9c68-434b-9942-559858598c3b"
  10. Trial, trial trial, windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trial, trial trial, windows 10: Somone, for the love of God please help me. I upgraded to windows 10 last night. I love it so far, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, there is a problem. I think it is cortana saying, trial, trial, trial, trial, every 10 seconds or so and IT NEVER STOPS. I have to keep my speakers...