Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all. I have a machine which came with an oem version of win7 pro. Early in the initial rollout of win10, I installed win10 pro on that machine to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SantaFeSteve, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device

Hello all. I have a machine which came with an oem version of win7 pro. Early in the initial rollout of win10, I installed win10 pro on that machine to obtain a "digital entitlement" and then immediately rolled back to win7. After many months, I decided that I wanted to dual-boot between win7 and win10 (different disks) and so I purchased a win10 pro installation usb and product key, using the key to install win10 pro. I believe that right after that installation, win10 said that it was "activated with a product key" but the actual version of win10 is lost in the cobwebs of my memory.

Many months later, I noticed that win10 is now saying that the machine is activated with a digital license. I gather from searching through discussion threads here that's to be expected. However, I am left not knowing which digital license is in use, the "digital entitlement" originally obtained, or the one associated with the product key? ShowKeyPlus is showing a generic product key, not the key I used during the installation.

I'm not using win7 anymore, so I'd like to be using the original activation, freeing the product key for use on another machine. How can I accomplish that? Short of trying the product key on a different machine and seeing if it fails, is there any way to tell which digital license is in use? I am assuming (hoping!) that I actually still have 2 valid licenses and didn't screw myself by trying to do the right thing.

Thanks for any advice!

:)

SantaFeSteve, Mar 2, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Mar 2, 2019
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device

Multiple Devices

I upgraded successfully to Windows 10 earlier today, at the end of the process Windows showed as Activated.

I then (after reading posts) did a clean install of Windows 10 which included removing the HDD partitions. The assumption was that if I selected SKIP and DO LATER (or something) my valid key will download,

However this is not the case, I know about the issues with the servers however I have noticed I have two identical devices in my Microsoft Account even though the PC is exactly the same.

i.e.

• DESKTOP-7FD6G13
    • Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10240.16397)
    • DESKTOP-RQ37MLO
    • Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10240.16397)

My concern is that since formatting the PC my license is held on one device and my PC is now reporting as another.

HELP, have I just wiped out my license?

DerrickHobson, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device

1. Windows 10 Professional, multiple activations for same device - Similar Threads - Professional multiple activations

2. Device Manager multiple of the same items

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager multiple of the same items: Hello,In my device manager I have a bunch of the same items. I have 3 of the same keyboards, 2 mice, and 6 processors that show under the different category. How do I get rid of all these duplicates?Jim...
  3. Activate Windows 10 on multiple devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 on multiple devices: Please i wanted to ask if i can use windows 10 with digital license and install it on like over 500 systems? [Original Title: Windows 10 Digital License]...
  4. Same device appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same device appearing multiple times: I have recently installed a new Philips 43PUS8555/12 smart TV which is connected to my router via 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi. My desktop PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable and when I look at the Devices and Printers / Multimedia Devices area I see the 43PUS8555/12 listed 44...
  5. Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.: I'm trying to connect 2 ps4 controllers to my PC over Bluetooth. If I connect one it no longer detects the other. I think it might be because they are both named "Wireless Controller" How do I fix this? submitted by /u/bobbisrex99 [link] [comments]...
  6. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 IN MULTIPLE DEVICE

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 IN MULTIPLE DEVICE: I TRIED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 IN MORE THEN ONE DEVICE, BUT IT DID NOT WORK, IS IT POSSIBLE IF YES THE HOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-in-multiple-device/0d887c22-25d4-40ab-b837-a81b8b2f8450
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 Professional

Unable to activate Windows 10 Professional: I'm getting an error when I attempt to activate Windows 10 Professional. I have the Product Key. I'm getting the error below. To activate with this product key, this device will need to be connect to your organizations activation service....
  8. Windows 10 Professional Activation Error

Windows 10 Professional Activation Error: I recently bought the Windows 10 Professional upgrade from the Microsoft store, in order to upgrade from Windows 10 Home on my laptop. However, now Windows is saying I have Windows 10 Enterprise and that it needs to be activated. I'm getting error code 0xC004F025. I tried...
  9. Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional

Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional: This is a really bizarre case of mine. Here s Is how it goes, I bought a "new" motherboard from a seller online which he said he tested it before and it was working. When I got home from collecting, reinstall the OS and use my professional key that I got long time ago from a...
  10. How to activate Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Support
    How to activate Windows 10 Professional: I recently brought a windows 10 professional key from arcadefuture.com .But i dont know how to activate my windows 10 via that key.This is the link from where i got the key. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Professional OEM 32/64bit Genuine License Key Product Code Please help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple activations on windows 10 on same pc

2. multiple windows 10 activation on same device