Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by originalsnuffy, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Hi,

I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network.

Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also run MalwareBytes and it says the machine is clean.

After trying a number of registry fixes that did not help I did a repair reinstall. The good news is that the Windows Security service no longer closes on its own; but I still can't run a quick scan or a full scan. I can individually scan drives, and as noted the offline scan does work.

One suggestion I saw online involved turning on a service call Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection service which is currently set to manual. However, that is greyed out and I can't make any changes, even though I am the owner of the machine and IT admin has never touched the unit.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

* Moved from Win 10/Security

:)

originalsnuffy, Jan 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Hi,

I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network.

Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also run MalwareBytes and it says the machine is clean.

After trying a number of registry fixes that did not help I did a repair reinstall. The good news is that the Windows Security service no longer closes on its own; but I still can't run a quick scan or a full scan. I can individually scan drives, and
    as noted the offline scan does work.

One suggestion I saw online involved turning on a service call Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection service which is currently set to manual. However, that is greyed out and I can't make any changes, even though I am the owner of the machine and
    IT admin has never touched the unit.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

originalsnuffy, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows Defender quick scan fails to complete

When I try to employ a "Quick Scan" procedure in Defender, the scan progress indicator, coloured green, stops half way and does not complete.

The files scanned number continues the count as if it is doing a full scan.

My Windows 10 updates are correct as our the virus definitions etc.

Any suggestions on why the "quick" scan fails to complete?

Thanks

[Original title: Windows 10 Defender]

Tony Lawrence, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

1. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete - Similar Threads - Professional Quick Scan

2. quick scan never completes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick scan never completes: I just bought hp stream windows s mode. it tries to to a recommended quick scan every time I am on the pc..the quick scan just runs and runs, never completes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-never-completes/cc82d34c-1613-442b-9554-f49ec3ebb25f
  3. Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete

Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete: How do I fix this, it just keeps spinning. I have Windows 10S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-quick-scan-will-not-complete/80a3e010-8eed-4fa1-b4df-29ff171d08af
  4. Quick scan never completes

Quick scan never completes: I have a Windows 10 S Mode and the security icon by the clock says it needs a quick scan. I started the quick scan. It has been showing a scan in progress with dots moving across the screen for sometime. I have restarted the computer but it still needs a scan. The hard...
  5. Windows Security Quick Scan stopping

Windows Security Quick Scan stopping: I tried running a quick scan in windows security today and halfway through scanning it froze and stopped scanning files, then shortly after windows security stopped working entirely and shut itself off. Restarting windows security or my computer didn't solve the issue....
  6. How long does a quick scan in Windows Security take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does a quick scan in Windows Security take?: Windows Security scans roughly 18k files in about 40 seconds on my pc. Is this normal? submitted by /u/Lauty_6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7x3tt/how_long_does_a_quick_scan_in_windows_security/
  7. windows security quick scan

windows security quick scan: when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-quick-scan/61e607c8-d79e-4601-bafc-bcc7eb507e4d
  8. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  9. Quick scan through Windows Security

Quick scan through Windows Security: I just ran a quick scan through Windows Security and it said 5 files scanned. Every time in the past it scanned a little over 20,000 files. Even ran a full scan and it also said 5 files scanned. Why isn't it scanning all files?...
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security quick scan wont work