Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Professional, how do we permanently disable “suggested” apps on business machines? There is a control panel setting to do it, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianPatton, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

In Windows 10 Professional, how do we permanently disable “suggested” apps on business machines? There is a control panel setting to do it, but it appears to reset back to allowed after a period of time? Or perhaps updates turn it back on?

How do we prevent this permanently?

We pay extra money for professional edition. Your OS popping adds for Netflix is very unprofessional.

:)

BrianPatton, Apr 14, 2019

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Donna Men Win User

Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

1. Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups - Similar Threads - Professional Turning off

2. windows 10, how to turn off the pop up blocker ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10, how to turn off the pop up blocker ?: how do I turn off the pop up blockers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-turn-off-the-pop-up-blocker/7a305c7c-914f-490a-a413-506ff867d74f"
  3. Turn Off Pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn Off Pop ups: how do i turn off "pop up blocker" so I can download some pictures? [Original Title: Pop ups] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-pop-ups/f2406c90-371f-48b1-aa30-6f47c39db3b3
  4. Turn off ads that pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off ads that pop up?: Recently I started getting pop up ads advertising stupid things like Terry Bradshaws ED drug. How do I stop them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-ads-that-pop-up/11364405-7e2d-4871-bbf7-e4c45a36ccf2
  5. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...
  6. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps. This tutorial...
  7. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  8. Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Installing Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary Update, Windows will silently automatically download...
  9. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows sharing experience in Windows 10 allows you to share web pages in Microsoft Edge from installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...