Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809. Network Path : SMB Share Please try to fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karthick Boominathan, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

Hi Team,

Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809.

Network Path : SMB Share

Please try to fix this issue.

:)

Karthick Boominathan, Nov 4, 2019
  2. slimcode Win User

One specific UNC path suddenly not working on one specific Win10 machine

Hi,

A month or two ago, my main computer stopped being able to access my NAS' UNC path (\\corbeau\...). It used to work.

• I do not remember changing anything on that NAS
    • Other Win10 machines can access that same UNC path
    • The problematic machine can access the NAS by using its IP in the UNC path (\\192.168.2.10\...)
    • All machines can access other machines by their UNC path (\\cardinal\... or \\epervier\...)
    • A ping for the NAS name from the problematic machine fails to resolve
    • Pings from other machines work
    • Every machine can ping other machines by their name

I'm totally lost. Where should I look for to resolve this very annoying issue?

Thanks.

slimcode, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Elrendhel Win User
    Browsing UNC paths with a mobile 6 device?

Greetings Matswhite & Oakbeach! Welcome to the Windows Mobile Forums!

Most folks trying to use UNC paths will need to make sure they are setup to use the WiFi "WORK" settings and not "Home" or "The Internet", as they do not support UNC or other path statements.

See this
    hyperlink
    for more information.

This solution was provided for WM2003 or 2003SE, so your use of WM6 means that the steps may vary a bit from what I provided, but the logic should be the same. Please let me know if this solves your problem!

Elrendhel, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

UNC paths

OK, So here is the problem

I am used to the structure of a Linux /dev/sd?? filesystem

When I am using Windows I want to virtualize this Linux installation..... but I can not point VirtualBox to the block device (or whatever you wish to call it for) used in windows 10

I have tried

VBoxManage.exe internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename "d4p7.vmdk" -rawdisk "\\.\Device\Harddisk4\Partition7"

I have also tried

VBoxManage.exe internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename "disk4part7.vmdk" -rawdisk "\\.\PhysicalDrive4" -partitions 7

This just makes a link to the entire disk, which I do not want, I the UNC path for the partition on disk 4 partition 7

I don't even know how to browse the UNC directory to find the answer myself

CAN someone please help me Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working :)

Stephen.Cameron, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

1. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working - Similar Threads - Professional UNC path

2. Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open UNC path from the Outlook App: I am unable to open UNC path from outlook app - Have tried reparing and reinstalling- Have tried adding on the trusted site- I do have permission to the shared network path UNC resouce- Connected to the file server is OK as well- Seems to be outlook issue any fixes ?- outlook...
  3. UNC path can not be accesss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNC path can not be accesss: How to access it?Unc path can not be accessed its showing network path can not be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unc-path-can-not-be-accesss/9fc7277a-c1ec-4206-ae9c-4d37871cb3d7
  4. UNC path can not be accesss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNC path can not be accesss: How to access it?Unc path can not be accessed its showing network path can not be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unc-path-can-not-be-accesss/9fc7277a-c1ec-4206-ae9c-4d37871cb3d7
  5. UNC path can not be accesss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Trouble with one windows 10 machine and mapped drive vs. UNC path.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with one windows 10 machine and mapped drive vs. UNC path.: Hello, I'm having trouble with one windows 10 machine and mapped drive vs. UNC path, but it's only with one user. the mapped drive let's call it J:\ is very slow to present the contents of the drive, sometimes a long as 20 seconds or more. The computer presents a progression...
  7. Trouble with one windows 10 machine and mapped drive vs. UNC path.

Trouble with one windows 10 machine and mapped drive vs. UNC path.: Hello, I'm having trouble with one windows 10 machine and mapped drive vs. UNC path, but it's only with one user. the mapped drive let's call it J:\ is very slow to present the contents of the drive, sometimes a long as 20 seconds or more. The computer presents a progression...
  8. Mapped drives and unc path

Mapped drives and unc path: I am runing Windows 10 version 20H2 with all updates applied on a peer to peer network with drives mapped to a shared network location on a Win Server 2012 R2. I also accesed other files from the server using the UNC path to the files. Suddenly both the mapped drives would...
  9. Windows 10 Cannot Search Using Network Drive Letter, But UNC Path Work

Windows 10 Cannot Search Using Network Drive Letter, But UNC Path Work: On one PC running Windows 10 Version1903, searches on the C: drive are successful, but searches on mapped network drives fail. When you type a search string, such as *.txt, nothing happens. However, if you replace the drive letter in the full path with the corresponding...
  10. Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working

Windows 10 Professional - UNC path is not working: Hi Team, Unable to access the UNC on windows 10 64 bit 1903(Version) after updating from 1809. Network Path : SMB Share Please try to fix this issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unc not working on win 10 1903

2. windows 10 cannot use unc path

3. windows 10 unc not working