Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional - Update 2004 won't let my computer restart past second UEFI...

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional - Update 2004 won't let my computer restart past second UEFI... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Per the subject, the 2004 feature update is resulting in my system not getting past the second dot-circle UEFI screen. There's the first one, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fairlight2cx VX, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Professional - Update 2004 won't let my computer restart past second UEFI...

Per the subject, the 2004 feature update is resulting in my system not getting past the second dot-circle UEFI screen. There's the first one, and then it goes to the second, and the dots just stop, and the system becomes unresponsive.

Hit hard reset, and it boots to the point it tries to recover installation. Also fails again, same place. Hit hard reset, and it reverts on its own, and the system is again usable...on 1909.

How do I get past this? It's just going to try to update again, and leave the same mess. And the upgrades are mandatory. If you're forcing us to upgrade, then give us bloody WORKING upgrades!!!

This is absurd. Do not even -think- about recommending a clean install. Not unless you're going to pay me six months at my usual consulting rates. I have 9.8TB worth of software and data here. It takes me half a year to get a fresh system at the point I have mine, and I have a job to do.

I need help getting this fixed, please.

:)

Fairlight2cx VX, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Make sure to follow the text file that came in the folder of the mod

It's supposed run twice, the 1st time to uninstall the previous driver then the second time to install the modded driver

Jayce, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 Professional - Update 2004 won't let my computer restart past second UEFI...

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional - Update 2004 won't let my computer restart past second UEFI...

1. Windows 10 Professional - Update 2004 won't let my computer restart past second UEFI... - Similar Threads - Professional Update 2004

2. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  3. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  4. Computer Won't let me paste pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Won't let me paste pictures: Hello All -I am attempting to copy a group of pictures onto a back up drive and I am getting the attached message.My laptop is an IdeaPad Gaming 3 with currently 237 GB of memory with 226 GB being used. The backup drive I am trying to move items over to is a Seagate that is...
  5. Computer Won't let me paste pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't let me paste pictures: Hello All -I am attempting to copy a group of pictures onto a back up drive and I am getting the attached message.My laptop is an IdeaPad Gaming 3 with currently 237 GB of memory with 226 GB being used. The backup drive I am trying to move items over to is a Seagate that is...
  6. Computer Won't let me paste pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My computer won't let me update or log-on. .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't let me update or log-on. .: My computer won't let me update or log-on. . The msg I get is "OOPs, probability our fault, try again. My outlook seems to work fine with my user id and password....
  8. My computers won't update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computers won't update to version 2004: Hello: I have two computers running versions of Windows 10 prior to version 2004. I have attempted to upgrade both many times using several methods: Windows Update, download and install the files, and using a DVD created by MediaCreator. The downloads work fine, then the...
  9. My Computer won't let me activate my windows 10??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Computer won't let me activate my windows 10??: When i try to activate my windows 10 my coputer says an error code 0x8007232B what should i do any help please!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-activate-my-windows-10/06df1d94-4e72-4ee2-bce8-fafce9ed31f9
  10. My PC won't let me past the login screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC won't let me past the login screen.: After a recent update on Windows 10 I started getting errors on my login screen. The first error is "The remote procedure call failed". When I click OK and enter my blank password, I am presented with "The handle is invalid". I've looked through the forums a bit and I believe...