Windows 10: Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

Discus and support Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgrade a fresh Windows 10 Home installation to a Windows 10 Professional through the Microsoft store digital upgrade. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RyanFantus, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

Hello,

I recently upgrade a fresh Windows 10 Home installation to a Windows 10 Professional through the Microsoft store digital upgrade. Everything went fine, paid the $99 and was able to use my computer as expected. However earlier today I booted my computer and the "Activate Windows" watermark is present.

If I try to activate windows, it gives me an error 0xC004F213. If I run the troubleshooter, it says that it can't fix the problem. I tried clicking the "I changed hardware on this device recently" link and then saw my Microsoft Account application pop up.

The only option here is to "Go to store" which I clicked. This opens the Microsoft Store application and immediately lands on a screen that says "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this version of Windows 10." It gives an error code of 0x8000FFFF.

I think the problem is that I have a valid key for home and professional, but not for enterprise. I don't want enterprise, and didn't pay for that. I just want the professional edition that I paid for to work.

Please assist, thanks! This is driving me crazy trying to troubleshoot. Again, I didn't do anything to upgrade to enterprise edition - it did that by itself for no reason.

:)

RyanFantus, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Klm17 Win User

I have windows 7 professional enterprise will my upgrade be windows 10 professional enterprise?

I have windows 7 professional enterprise, if I take the free windows 10 upgrade will my upgrade be windows 10 professional enterprise

Klm17, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Upgrading windows 10 Home to windows 10 Education or Professional or Enterprise

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > click the $99 button to purchase the Windows 10 Pro upgrade.

Follow the on screen instructions, your system will be upgraded within 5 to 10 minutes, personal files, apps and settings preserved.

If you don't want to purchase the upgrade, then as suggested, the Windows 10 Enterprise 3 month trial might be a better option. You could download it then setup a dual boot with your Windows 10 Home installation.

If you have a product key for Professional already, you can enter it to upgrade. Learn how:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

Free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Enterprise

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. Can I downgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 7 Professional and then further upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional for free? I have valid Windows
    7 Professional keys with me.

In the whole process of downgrading and upgrading, I want to retain all Windows settings and personal user file.

Please suggest!!

If it is possible, please suggest the ways I can accomplish it.

Thanks in adv.

SapanManjhi, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

1. Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's... - Similar Threads - Professional upgraded itself

2. How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?: The company I do work for asked me to install Microsoft's "Company Portal" app, which I did. Installing this app upgraded my OS from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME. Additionally, their servers were not able to activate Windows 10 Enterprise...
  3. How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?: The company I do work for asked me to install Microsoft's "Company Portal" app, which I did. Installing this app upgraded my OS from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME. Additionally, their servers were not able to activate Windows 10 Enterprise...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition downgrading by itself to Windows 10 Pro for no reason

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise Edition downgrading by itself to Windows 10 Pro for no reason: We are a VLSC user. Over the past month, something strange is going on with activations. Machines that are regularly connected to our network are downgrading themselves from Windows 10 Enterprise Edition to Windows 10 Pro. We re-key the machines with the keys from the VLSC....
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition downgrading by itself to Windows 10 Pro for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise Edition downgrading by itself to Windows 10 Pro for no reason: We are a VLSC user. Over the past month, something strange is going on with activations. Machines that are regularly connected to our network are downgrading themselves from Windows 10 Enterprise Edition to Windows 10 Pro. We re-key the machines with the keys from the VLSC....
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition downgrading by itself to Windows 10 Pro for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Windows 10 Home upgraded itself to Windows 10 Enterprise and now won't activate

My Windows 10 Home upgraded itself to Windows 10 Enterprise and now won't activate: Hi everyone, I need help with a Windows Activation issue. I am not a computer/IT expert. 3 days ago 13 Jan 2021, after the latest Windows Update, a transparent message started appearing at the bottom right of my computer screen saying: Activate Windows. Go to Settings...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?: Hi guys, Recently, I’ve reinstalled windows to convert my windows from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 home. After it finished installation, I used my computer for awhile. When I was done using my com, I shut it down, but it ran some updates on its own, and I found out...
  9. Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself: Hello the good Microsoft Community, I have a problem that involves Product Key and Product Version. Backstory: Recently I started to have a bit of spare time to game on my PC (so far just the intention), but I encountered a bit of problem. As I've been away and not having...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Professional: Dear all, As mentioned in subject, i have my PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, if i need to upgrade Professional license, do i need to refresh the image or can i just update the professional license key >?...