Windows 10: Windows 10 proffesional key won't activate

Discus and support Windows 10 proffesional key won't activate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I've got a key for "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional STANDARD Edition Retail". Under Setings -> Security -> Activation -> Change product key I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Remco.1, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Remco.1 Win User

Windows 10 proffesional key won't activate

Hi.

I've got a key for "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional STANDARD Edition Retail". Under Setings -> Security -> Activation -> Change product key I entered my code. It proceeded to go to the percentage % screen but remained on 0. I checked later and I had gotten a error. Sadly enough I didn't read it and just tried again.

Now when I try to redo this process I enter my code and it says the following:

The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0x800f0805.

I'm currently on edition: Windows 10 Home

Activation: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service.

Any help please?

:)

Remco.1, Sep 4, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 4, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 10 activation question

You get assigned a new Key in Win10 when upgrading. It looks like it might follow the same channel as your original Key. My WMC key was retail channel and my Win 10 Key shows as retail too. Hopefully that means I won;t have to worry too much when upgrading my PC.

silkstone, Sep 4, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 proffesional key won't activate - Similar Threads - proffesional key won't

2. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  4. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows activation key won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation key won't work: I have the original disk and product key for my windows but I'm not able to activate it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-key-wont-work/29e2670f-ce77-4d15-b54e-034cdbc25e70
  6. Windows 10 Pro product key won't activate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro product key won't activate.: My Windows 10 Pro upgrade key is a genuine retail copy. When I entered the code once, it finished the "preparing to update" section and then gave me the error code 0x0800f0805. I have tried re-entering the key and other "solutions" but it will not work. Any help please? Also,...
  7. Windows 10 Home Key won't activate

Windows 10 Home Key won't activate: Hello, I paid for the windows 10 pro upgrade through the Microsoft store Settings > Activation > Upgrade. When I clicked install, it failed. I restarted my PC, it did an update updated features and when I logged back in I now have Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows is not...
  8. Windows 10 Proffesional ISO

Windows 10 Proffesional ISO: Hi all, I have a digital license linked to my email. I need a copy of Windows 10 Professional ISo to reinstall my Laptop. Please help me with the link to download Windows 10 professional copy...
  9. Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate

Refund for a Windows 10 Product Key That won't Activate: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key straight from the Windows website for a new PC build that I'm doing. I initiatially used the product key on one build, but since Windows kept crashing or won't boot after three times of clean install and a BIOS update, I...
  10. Won't activate Windows 10, but will activate Windows 7, same key.

Won't activate Windows 10, but will activate Windows 7, same key.: I clean installed Windows 10 Pro x64 in VMware and used a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 key to try to active it. No go. However, Installing windows 7 Ultimate x64 in hyper-v, the same key activates win 7. Any ideas? 29249