Windows 10: Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?

Discus and support Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows profile or whatever it's called is just my personal profile for games and personal files, etc. It's "linked to" or is? was? my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by L#G, Aug 5, 2022.

1. L#G
    L#G Win User

Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?

My Windows profile or whatever it's called is just my personal profile for games and personal files, etc. It's "linked to" or is? was? my personal Microsoft account/email. It looked like this:Recently, I made a new Microsoft account altogether for online/work/social media purposes. Somehow, it got carried over to my Windows profile when I did not want it to. Same profile, same files and games, just a different email listed under "your info":This is a problem. All my settings and billing info were on my personal email/account, so I need that one back on my Windows profile. I tried to find hel

:)

2. Changing Windows 10 Profile Name

To change the email address, you can take these steps:

• Inside Settings, under Accounts, click "Sign in with a local account instead" and follow the steps to complete it.

then
    • Go back and choose "Sign in with a Microsoft Account" and follow the steps, and type the new email address you want.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 5, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    change microsoft account email

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you need to change the email address associated with the user account, first you have to switch the login account to

Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and provide the desired Email ID to that user account.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to All settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Sign in with Local account instead and follow the on screen instructions.

• And again change it Microsoft account provide the new Microsoft Email account.

Sign in with a Microsoft account

Sign in to your Microsoft account dashboard

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?

profile/gamertag

Hi Fiona,

The email address that you used to create your child's Xbox Live account should be the same as the email address that you will use to log in on Windows 10. Once you are logged in to the same email address, it will show the same Xbox Profile, gamerscore and
    achievements.

To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Is there an email address attached to your child's account on the Xbox 360?
    • Did you create a new Microsoft Account or email address for the Child account online?

If the child account on Xbox 360 is not attached to an email address, follow the steps on this

link
    to connect an offline profile to a Microsoft Account and join Xbox Live.

If it is already connected to an email address in your Xbox 360, you can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to change the email.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?

1. Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back? - Similar Threads - profile changed Microsoft

2. How do I change it back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change it back: [ATTACH] How to i change my Microsoft photo app on my Windows 10 back to how it was I hate the new update try to save and copy and to the put doesn't the image in the folder is was originally in and iv look i cart change is it so frustrating The image is the version i...
  3. My Email was changed and i can't change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Email was changed and i can't change it back: I don't know how but someone logged into this microsoft account change the password and email and got hold of it. I managed to log back into it with their email and changed the password to one of mine. I tried to change the email but it needs a code that's being sent to that...
  4. My Email was changed and i can't change it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Email was changed and i can't change it back: I don't know how but someone logged into this microsoft account change the password and email and got hold of it. I managed to log back into it with their email and changed the password to one of mine. I tried to change the email but it needs a code that's being sent to that...
  5. My Email was changed and i can't change it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?: My Windows profile or whatever it's called is just my personal profile for games and personal files, etc. It's "linked to" or is? was? my personal Microsoft account/email. It looked like this:Recently, I made a new Microsoft account altogether for online/work/social media...
  7. Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 profile changed Microsoft email; how do I change it back?: My Windows profile or whatever it's called is just my personal profile for games and personal files, etc. It's "linked to" or is? was? my personal Microsoft account/email. It looked like this:Recently, I made a new Microsoft account altogether for online/work/social media...
  8. I changed the font. How do I change it back?

I changed the font. How do I change it back?: So I play a lot of Minecraft and thought it might be fun to make the default font to the Minecraft font. Let me just say it got annoying after about a day. I used a .reg file to change it and can't find any solution online. If anyone else has something to copy into a registry...
  9. How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?

How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?: For some reason the profile picture on my computer account changed to me from when I was like 12 years old and the options to browse for an image or take a picture is greyed out so it's stuck like that. Really agitating I've been trying to change it for like an hour at this...
  10. How do I change a profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change a profile: I have 2 profiles. One is my primary account (x) and the other is the one that my laptop is connected to (y). I was wondering if it was possible to change profile y to profile x. Is there a way to do that without deleting all of my data submitted by /u/WerewolfHide19...