Windows 10: windows 10 program files permissions

Discus and support windows 10 program files permissions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I’m using windows 10 20h2, I make a fresh install on my laptop. During the installation I set up a User, this is the only one user on laptop, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ÁdámKővári, Oct 18, 2021.

1. windows 10 program files permissions

Hi, I’m using windows 10 20h2, I make a fresh install on my laptop. During the installation I set up a User, this is the only one user on laptop, and it have adminrights. But with this user I can’t edit program files and program filesx86 folders, because it’s said access denied!Why? How? Then who has permissions?Thanks for help!

:)

ÁdámKővári, Oct 18, 2021
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 program files permissions

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 program files permissions

1. windows 10 program files permissions - Similar Threads - program files permissions

2. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  3. Windows 10 permissions to install a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 permissions to install a program: I just got a new windows 10 desktop. Installing software. So far so good. Then, trying to install another program, i get a notice that the administrator blocked me from installing the program. I am the only user of said computer. When i go into my user properties, under...
  4. file permissions in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file permissions in windows 10: I have upgrade my PC to windows 10. The PC has a second hard drive I use for data storage that worked just fine under windows 7. The drive is divided into three drives D:, E:, F:. However now under windows 10 I can not write to some folder and can not view some of the...
  5. Lost admin permissions to Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost admin permissions to Program Files x86: Hello! I've been looking around for a while now and although there are some of the soltuions, they aren't working for me. I have two separate machines on my network which are both running Windows 10. One runs server applications and the other is my main machine. I tried...
  6. Program files(x86) has wrong permissions

Program files(x86) has wrong permissions: Dear Forum, i am currently experiencing a security issue with my Program Files(86 that is a bit bothersome. Recently i reinstalled two machines with the help of MDT and updating goes via WSUS. All our current machines are domain joined and we are in the process of migrating...
  7. Can not control permissions in C:/Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not control permissions in C:/Program Files: I am trying to install a plugin for Matlab, which is installed in C:/Program Files. I have done it on PCs running all OSs many times. A dialogue says I do not have permission. I go to the folder Program Files, right click, properties, security, advanced, click change...
  8. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...
  9. Program Files Permissions

Program Files Permissions: Hi there, I upgraded from 7 to 10 today on my PC, and all appears to have gone well... 1 thing I noticed however was that I had a program that is portable (i.e. you run directly from it's own folder each time, rather than installing into Program Files), and because I...
  10. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder: I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission... There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ? Thank Hispa 11933