Windows 10: Windows 10 program files

Discus and support Windows 10 program files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I access the program files from a backup in Win 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DTHscoutdog, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 program files

How do I access the program files from a backup in Win 10?

:)

DTHscoutdog, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Tommygunn Win User

Windows 10 program files

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 program files

1. Windows 10 program files - Similar Threads - program files

2. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix deleted program file: Okay so I was messing with regedit and i accidentally deleted an important file. First i cant shutdown my laptop so i Shift+shutdown. Now when i open it, it only goes to safe mode. I tried doing system restore and it errors. I tried downloading windows using a usb and it wont...
  3. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix deleted program file: Okay so I was messing with regedit and i accidentally deleted an important file. First i cant shutdown my laptop so i Shift+shutdown. Now when i open it, it only goes to safe mode. I tried doing system restore and it errors. I tried downloading windows using a usb and it wont...
  4. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  6. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  7. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_30.52407.200.0_x64 _v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_30.52407.200.0_x64 _v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe: Hi, it was a Windows actualization and now my computer is really slow and everytime it starts this message appears:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_30.52407.200.0_x64_v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe The application is exiting and cannot service this request"I don't...
  8. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_30.52407.200.0_x64 _v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_30.52407.200.0_x64 _v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe: Hi, it was a Windows actualization and now my computer is really slow and everytime it starts this message appears:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_30.52407.200.0_x64_v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe The application is exiting and cannot service this request"I don't...
  9. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  10. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...