Windows 10: Windows 10 programs crashing when launched

Discus and support Windows 10 programs crashing when launched in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently within the last few days have noticed that more and more of my windows programs wont open, first it was just one or two, but now most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan-004, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Evan-004 Win User

Windows 10 programs crashing when launched

I recently within the last few days have noticed that more and more of my windows programs wont open, first it was just one or two, but now most of them wont open for long. I am trying to put a windows iso file onto a usb and boot from there and use the product code i purchased to boot onto my other pc. but when i click extract, the files start to extract using winrar, and then it just freezes, says not responding and closes, i tried to use rufus iso to bootable usb, and that program closes a few seconds after i launch, and my disk is for some reason always at 100% from system. even games like minecraft or gta v that i could play a few days ago wont launch anymore. i tried the disk health clean and restore health on cmd in admin, and dsim. does anyone else have any suggestions?

:)

Evan-004, Mar 5, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 programs crashing when launched

Windows 10-Most Programs Crashing on Launch

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the app which are crashing and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the programs and
      uninstall
      it.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if this helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on view all and click on
      System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 programs crashing when launched

1. Windows 10 programs crashing when launched - Similar Threads - programs crashing launched

2. Crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes when launching games: My computer has had a bad case of reliability since I got it with crashes happening commonly, I have tried many things to fix the issue hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled windows and tried to tweak with the BIOS, the most effective fix I have had so far was...
  3. Crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes when launching games: My computer has had a bad case of reliability since I got it with crashes happening commonly, I have tried many things to fix the issue hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled windows and tried to tweak with the BIOS, the most effective fix I have had so far was...
  4. Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics: Please help me before i do bad things to my computer!When i start a program on my secondary monitor this monitor is driven with onboard graphics they crash or behave weird. For example, when i start fusion 360 on this monitor it just wont start and stops working, when i...
  5. Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics

Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics: Please help me before i do bad things to my computer!When i start a program on my secondary monitor this monitor is driven with onboard graphics they crash or behave weird. For example, when i start fusion 360 on this monitor it just wont start and stops working, when i...
  6. Edge crash when launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge crash when launch: I have Windows 11 that I upgraded a month ago. All is perfectly working fine but not Edge. It crashes when launch. Before, I was able to use it for couple of minutes then it will crash. No tabs open just one. Now, I cant even launch it properly. It will blink multiple times...
  7. Edge crash when launch

Edge crash when launch: I have Windows 11 that I upgraded a month ago. All is perfectly working fine but not Edge. It crashes when launch. Before, I was able to use it for couple of minutes then it will crash. No tabs open just one. Now, I cant even launch it properly. It will blink multiple times...
  8. windows programs crashing after launching.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows programs crashing after launching.: Hi, since turning on my pc today 13/08/2021, nearly every single windows program is crashing, examples Edge, Recovery, windows explorer, windows picture viewer, Xbox app, Sticky notes and back up settings, i have only noticed today and was using my computer the previous day...
  9. All programs crashing at launch on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All programs crashing at launch on Windows 10: Hello everyone,I was using my pc photoshop, and I then closed photoshop.By this moment, only Chrome, Discord, command prompt and task manager as well as Windows PowerShell managed to open.All other programs Active Sky, Prepar3D, Valorant, Epic Games Launcher, Event Viewer,...
  10. Programs crashing on program launch on Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs crashing on program launch on Windows 10 1803: Dear community, I'm usually not a forum writer but this issue really got me desperate. I can normally figure out such stuff myself, but for this specific issue, there is no adequate resource on the whole internet (or in this forum) that I could find, so here is my own post,...