Windows 10: Windows 10 programs freeze multiple times daily, laptop boots slowly

Discus and support Windows 10 programs freeze multiple times daily, laptop boots slowly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop is about 1,5 years now and has become very slow over time. At the moment I have to wait a very long time for any program Word,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by schrisi, Feb 16, 2021.

1. schrisi Win User

Windows 10 programs freeze multiple times daily, laptop boots slowly

Hello,

My laptop is about 1,5 years now and has become very slow over time. At the moment I have to wait a very long time for any program Word, Excel, Skype, Chrome, file manager, Microsoft Edge - basically everything to start properly, they crash or don't respond when I start them for the first time after switching on my laptop and several times during the day as well, so I have to use the Task Manager to close them which very often doesn't respond either...

This has become very tiresome because every day I have to switch on my laptop about 35-40 minutes before my work starts, otherwise I wouldn't be able to start in time. I tried reinstalling Windows without losing my files and data but nothing has changed.

What could be the problem or how could I troubleshoot? I didn't change anything on the laptop before it started to become slow and crashing, I have 2 additional software installed I need for my work and Kaspersky.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

schrisi, Feb 16, 2021

2. PC freezes multiple times.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC freezes and unfreeze after 5 minutes and this happens multiple times.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Also, please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment,
    put the PC in software clean boot and check if it freezes, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 16, 2021
  3. windows 10 freezing with certain programs

Recently every time I utilize certain programs, like Realists, my laptop freezes. Windows 10 and a one year old Lenovo laptop. Also running a little slowly these days.

ChrisVeech, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 programs freeze multiple times daily, laptop boots slowly

Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 programs freeze multiple times daily, laptop boots slowly

1. Windows 10 programs freeze multiple times daily, laptop boots slowly - Similar Threads - programs freeze multiple

2. Windows 11 keeps BSOD multiple times daily sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps BSOD multiple times daily sometimes.: So, kind of at my wits end here. My computer is either freezing up or I get various BSOD errors. I have had this computer maybe 3-4 months after buying it from Digital Storm. The only thing I have moved over from my previous computer was a graphics card The RTX 2060 Super....
  3. Laptop freezes multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes multiple times: Hello,My Asus laptop with windows 10 freezes very frequently.There are no malwares. In task manager, the disk usage is 100%. Tried to fix it, but its still 100%.Disabled AMD graphics but still same.What could be wrong. Is my hard disk dying ?...
  4. Laptop freezes multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes multiple times: Hello,My Asus laptop with windows 10 freezes very frequently.There are no malwares. In task manager, the disk usage is 100%. Tried to fix it, but its still 100%.Disabled AMD graphics but still same.What could be wrong. Is my hard disk dying ?...
  5. Laptop freezes multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 boots slowly on ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boots slowly on ssd: Situation: Windows boots slowly on ssd on Acer aspire 5.System info: i7 4510U, 8 GB DDR3, Samsung 860 evo 250GB, Win 10 x64, Home, 20H2, Os build: 19042.1237, experience: Windows features experience pack 120.2212.3530.0, Acer aspire 5 E5-571Desired outcome: Acer boots as...
  7. Daily Crashes multiple times.

Daily Crashes multiple times.: Hello All, I am hoping to get some assistance. I built a new pc last month, and I am at a loss. I have all updates, no bad drivers that I can tell, have ran memory tests with no issues but seem to still have multiple crashes daily. Often in will be irql_not_less_or_equal...
  8. Computer slowly degrades over time and requires daily restart

Computer slowly degrades over time and requires daily restart: I am out of troubleshooting ideas and am asking for help. My computer has suffered slow degradation throughout each day; requiring a system reboot to restore to normal operating condition. Although, it works great running at high performance for several hours after reboot....
  9. random BSOD issues multiple times daily

random BSOD issues multiple times daily: Hello, I am getting a BSOD at random multiple times daily. I have run the windbg and can only find a crash related to csrss.exe but I can't figure out how to fix it. This is a new windows 10 Enterprise installation which I was getting BSOD on this computer with windows 8.1...
  10. Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly: I did a force shut down of my laptop when it suddenly froze one time and now the laptop is acting up. After i login after booting it up it takes a very long time for my toolbar, desktop icons and shortcuts to load up. Even after its all loaded up when i click on something or...