Windows 10: Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

Discus and support Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys. I've had this problem since the start of February, where my google, Counterstrike:Global Offensive (Steam game) or many other programs would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ~Anonymous_, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

Hi guys.

I've had this problem since the start of February, where my google, Counterstrike:Global Offensive (Steam game) or many other programs would just freeze or, my windows would entirely freeze.

Sometimes I would launch google and my google won't open, I would try to search then in windows search bar and can't do anything from there, I would launch up task manager and it would sometimes not even launch and sometimes when it does launch it cannot close any program and I would then try to close taskmanager and end up having taskmanager freeze and not be able to close/open anything and If I do manage to close taskmanager it would have a bar that says end process on my background which is unremoveable.

Sometimes I would try to restart if I can get the windows button to open and it would either give me a black screen or gray screen and my windows ends up never restarting.

I rollbacked 3 days after and I still get the same problem, I've gotten the windows updates everytime there was one to make sure anything wasn't outdated (same with drivers, updated everything I could through DriverEasy) and I would still get a crash.

Sometimes I would open this program called steam or a game (which is in steam) called CSGO and my game would freeze and it won't close at all.

I would sometimes launch up this game and have spotify open playing and then before it even launches up my music would go into a one second loop and I can't do anything from there and the game would end up never launching.

I do not have any antivirus's apart from windows defender and I also have this performance program called Dashlane which launches in startup, I haven't tried disabling it to see if it helps since I doubt it would do anything but if you guys can correct me to do it I will.

I also have this overclock program called ASUS gpu tweak which has never gave me problems or anything, I would get the problem before I would try to even launch it up and I have also disable it to see if it is because of overclocking that my windows/programs are freezing.

I also use geforce experience to get an overlay to modify how my games look, it does not launch on startup and yet again it has never been the cause of freezing any of my programs.

It is also impossible to be freezing by heat since I can see the temperature by my overclocker program and sometimes it does freeze sometimes it doesn't, I end up restarting my pc up to 10 times a day.

My specs:

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti 4gb

8gb Kingston ram

i3-4170 3.7ghz

Windows:10 pro

Any other info you need to know I will give to help the problem.

:)

~Anonymous_, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Maaaaaaaaan 1803 is pile of poo

Some people have problems with edge, others with ie, chrome, and other apps. Hangs freezes, crashes. Microsoft says they will fix this crap on May 8th

*sigh*

All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into - gHacks Tech News
    Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 April Update freezes PCs
    New bug detected: Windows 10 April Update freezes computers
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...s-and-timeouts-after-windows-10-april-update/
    How to fix freezing issues in Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Drone, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

1. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze - Similar Threads - Programs freeze freeze

2. Windows 10 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes: Hello, my Windows 10 freezes when performing high end tasks like gaming or photo editing? I don't know what the problem may be... Any help??? Thansk a lot in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freezes/898ccd9a-3e09-4ce1-86d3-d9172752328e
  3. Windows 10 Freeze

Windows 10 Freeze: Hola, buenos días. Antes de describirles el error que tengo quiero pasarles a comentar cuales son los componentes actuales de mi pc: Procesador FX 9370 Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev 4.0 2x Ram 4gb HyperX 1866Ghz Placa de Video MSI RX 570 Fuente Corsair CX 750M Disco...
  4. Program freezes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program freezes in Windows 10: I have a problem with Windows 10 freezing. When I'm using Family Tree Maker program and Ancestry.com with a split screen, one window or both will freeze. I have to say this is not limited to only FTM program but others as well. When I open the Task Manager it shows a high...
  5. Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. First I am sorry for my english. I am a german guy *Wink Sometimes my pc freeze for a moment, but its not windows its only one Thread/process like Office Word or a game. This is for 10-15 Seconds. I am not sure exactly. After this time...
  6. windows 10 freezing with certain programs

windows 10 freezing with certain programs: Recently every time I utilize certain programs, like Realists, my laptop freezes. Windows 10 and a one year old Lenovo laptop. Also running a little slowly these days....
  7. Windows 10 freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 freezing: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Core I7 laptop. When I am streaming video, playing games such as slot games or Microsoft Solitare my laptop often freezes. I've tried to update all my drivers with Dell but it completely locked me out and I had to reset everything and start...
  8. Windows 10 Freeze

Windows 10 Freeze: Hi guys! My specs: Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 System build 16299.547 CPU: AMD FX-8350 GPU: AMD R9 380 no third-party anti-virus My PC sometimes freezes a few minutes after startup, I can only hit the "reset" button to get out. That can happen while using the explorer,...
  9. Windows 10 freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing: My laptop was frost under windows 10 config. neather I can close it or open it. What can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-freezing/873dfa91-bdf6-4420-8074-fbf17fbdf41f
  10. Windows 10 freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes: Hi Everyone, A few weeks ago I recently installed Windows 10 onto my wifes Laptop. But last night during bootup of her Laptop it froze at the password screen. Clicking on the password box with the cursor had no affect, the password could not be typed in. The box did not even...