Windows 10: Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent?

Discus and support Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 programs steal focus, a way to prevent from doing? Also what is the point? Does it serve a good purpose that I just don't see? *Confused 55662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by club27, Jul 7, 2016.

1. club27 Win User

Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent?

Windows 10 programs steal focus, a way to prevent from doing? Also what is the point? Does it serve a good purpose that I just don't see? *Confused

:)

club27, Jul 7, 2016

2. Windows 10: Windows Update causes inability to use right mouse click and other problems

After upgrading, the next day I went to use Windows 10, and found an icon rapidly flickering in and out of existence in the task bar.

While doing that, it keeps stealing the application focus, thereby cause you to lose keystrokes, be unable to use ALT + TAB, and context menus to close.

Not that this icon DOES NOT HAVE A UI, but still steals the focus

I have (in my case) tracked the problem to Windows Update.

While the update packages (small, and I have an SSD as well) are installing, every time they start and end, they steal the focus.

Roger Willcocks, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Greymarch Win User
    Windows 10 : Stop any application from stealing focus ever. Is it possible?

I'd add that it's not just when typing something per your two scenarios. I also have that same experience, but I also experience the same annoyance+aggravation when using File Explorer to copy/rename/etc. files while another program may be starting.
    I'm trying to copy files by right-click or dragging and the other program steals focus then the files are trying to open or copy into the opening app... and some programs with long startup times (Photoshop) can steal focus like this multiple times. This must
    be stopped!! Please!!

Greymarch, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Steal focus away from what?

Rocky, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent? - Similar Threads - programs steal focus

2. Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10: This problem is recurring in several Windows 10 updates, and so far no one has been able to solve it. When I open large apps e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Roblox Studio, etc., I have to wait for the app to load completely before I can switch focus to another app. In the example...
  3. Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10: This problem is recurring in several Windows 10 updates, and so far no one has been able to solve it. When I open large apps e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Roblox Studio, etc., I have to wait for the app to load completely before I can switch focus to another app. In the example...
  4. Large program is stealing focus while opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. mstsc.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mstsc.exe stealing focus: Hello.I have a problem on my Windows 11 PC. Whenever I do anything on my PC, a program called mstsc.exe steals focus of my opened window. This happens every few minutes. The program is located in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe. I used this program:...
  6. mstsc.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mstsc.exe stealing focus: Hello.I have a problem on my Windows 11 PC. Whenever I do anything on my PC, a program called mstsc.exe steals focus of my opened window. This happens every few minutes. The program is located in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe. I used this program:...
  7. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  8. Focus stealing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus stealing: I have an application that has drop down menus for work. (like a status change from started to completed) And if I have the work application open, and I open any other application, Skype, Internet explorer, Chrome anything, AFTER the work app is running, I can no longer use...
  9. Windows Updater Steals Focus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updater Steals Focus: When playing games via Steam every hour or so the game would mysteriously minimize or at the very least drop out of full screen for a couple of seconds. After a lot of research and debugging I was able to track the problem down to Windows Updater stealing focus. This is...
  10. Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing: This is a general inquiry about how to disable specific programs' ability to steal focus/move their windows to front in windows 10. There used to be a registry you could edit to disable this I believe, but was removed for Windows 7(?) and apparently editing it (I've read [1])...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent programs from stealing focus in windows 10

2. prevent focus stealing windows 10