Windows 10: Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine.

Discus and support Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 pro to windows 10 and none of the Windows apps will connect to the internet. For example, I cant search for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackBlackburn, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine.

Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 pro to windows 10 and none of the Windows apps will connect to the internet. For example, I cant search for Windows updates because it thinks I’m not connected to the internet. I also can’t login to my microsoft account instead. I’ve tried many different “fixes” but they don’t do anything.

:)

JackBlackburn, Apr 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, Apr 15, 2020
  4. -nathan Win User

Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine.

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also
    works perfectly fine. I do not have an Anti-Virus, I have already tried checking if my Internet is on a proxy server (it isn't), as well as running these programs in CMD with Administrator Privilege:

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

I am running Windows 10 on an Ethernet cable. Please let me know if you need other information from me!

-nathan, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine.

1. Windows 10 Programs won’t connect to the internet, even though all other programs work fine. - Similar Threads - Programs won’t connect

2. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  3. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows laptop not connecting to internet even though it works for other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptop not connecting to internet even though it works for other devices: Hi, my problem is as the title is written. On the WiFi tab it says “No internet, open”. On network and internet it says “No internet access. Your device can only access other devices on your local network”. After running troubleshooting it says “Windows can’t communicate with...
  6. Windows laptop not connecting to internet even though it works for other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows laptop not connecting to internet even though it works for other devices: Hi, my problem is as the title is written. On the WiFi tab it says “No internet, open”. On network and internet it says “No internet access. Your device can only access other devices on your local network”. After running troubleshooting it says “Windows can’t communicate with...
  7. Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.: My explanation : Whenever I start my computer laptop, Dell I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a...
  8. Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine

Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine: I have a weird little issue more like a minor annoyance than anything My pc is displaying the "not connected" symbol in the taksbar, however i am connected and have no issues using the internet....
  9. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  10. windows 10 1903 home browsers work fine but steam, and other programs cant connect to the...

windows 10 1903 home browsers work fine but steam, and other programs cant connect to the...: hi I just upgraded to 1903 and while my browsers all work fine, i cant get epic, steam, or any apps to connect to the insternet I really woudl like to not roll back but I cant find a solution. please help. thanks...