Windows 10: Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as...

Discus and support Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I've been having this issue for a couple of months now where When I go to, view my partitions or force close an app, for example, User account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaddoxMcCarthy, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as...

So I've been having this issue for a couple of months now where When I go to, view my partitions or force close an app, for example, User account control activates and Sometimes Completely Blocks an app from opening, even though its one of Microsoft's own apps and have confirmed it with another computer that I am running the correct app and this isn't a fake version that I've somehow installed. I have also run a full-fledged Scan with Malwarebytes and no malicious software has come up. I am not sure what is happening In terms of whether this is a false positive or the apps are infected or something and UAC is preventing me from opening them for good reason or even if there's just something wrong with my computer and I need to completely purge and reformat me drives/Un-install Windows and install it again. I have tried Lowering the UAC sensitivity in Control Panel But that didn't affect the problem at all. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated as I'm at my wit's end with this problem. Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as... 0594c628-7135-4a4c-b85d-962f656fb56e?upload=true.jpg

:)

MaddoxMcCarthy, Dec 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. We understand your requirement in this regard.

Please share these details.

• On which Microsoft account you are trying to disable these apps?

• When you say "we have an application in our company, which requires UAC to be disabled for it to work”. Which application you are referring to?

• On how many computers you are facing this issue?

• Are the systems connected to a domain network?

• Is the issue specific to this application?

You can see this error message “is app can't open with built in administrator account”, when you try to open built-in apps in built-in administrator. So you need a Microsoft account in order to make use of those built-in apps.

Moreover, I see you already disabled the UAC as per the application requirement that you use as a part of your company. We don’t recommend disabling UAC on to help make your computer secure. However currently we don’t have any option to run those
    app with built-in administrator.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 16, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as... :(

puma99dk|, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as...

Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hi,

Though I have seen suggestion from many forums to enable UAC to fix "this app can't open with built in administrator account", I just wanted to check if there is any other way we can fix this. Because, we have an application in our company, which requires
    UAC to be disabled for it to work. All users are administrators in their own machine.

Arun KumarKannan, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as...

1. Windows 10 Prompting UAC or completely blocking certain Built-in windows apps Such as... - Similar Threads - Prompting UAC completely

2. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  3. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...
  4. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  6. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  7. UAC blocks executable apps with revoked certificates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UAC blocks executable apps with revoked certificates in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10/8/7/Vista OS, User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your operating system. In today’s post, […] This article UAC blocks executable apps with revoked certificates in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  9. Changing the UAC Setting Prompt for Built-In Admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the UAC Setting Prompt for Built-In Admin account?: Just wondering if I need to set the following UAC Prompt for the Built-In Administrator account even when its disabled by default? I created my own Admin account during Windows 10 installation, but by default, the Built-In Admin account is disabled. So do I need to set the...
  10. Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator...