Windows 10: Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

Discus and support Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing artist, Album artist parameters. All properties functioned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ernie in wilmingtonNC, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing artist, Album artist parameters. All properties functioned perfectly in Windows 7 for years, but Not in Windows 10

If you add text to Title for example and say OK and close it. Then look for it and it is not changed.

But if you open the properties a second time and add text to Title and say OK it will be saved and appear.

My settings in Properties: 1 Files are not protected 2 All permission in all Groups

Windows 10 is up to date and installed on a new Dell Inspiron 5000 series lap top.

Please help.

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing... 5593b6fb-c5b1-4e90-8585-6cc60b39da81?upload=true.png

:)

ernie in wilmingtonNC, Feb 9, 2020
  2. JimmyKT Win User

MP3 file property details

When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list?

JimmyKT, Feb 9, 2020
  3. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 9, 2020
  4. spunk Win User

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

Win. 10 Unable to Edit Properties of Mp3 files

Right click the MP3 file in File Explorer and choose Properties, make sure Read Only is Unchecked. If you unchecked it, then save it and close it an reopen it. the Read Only box should remain unchecked. Now go to the Details tab, here you can edit the tags, to the Title of the file, Contributing Artist, Album Name, Year and Track # etc
    If this fails, then try a 3rd party MP3 tagger: Best Free MP3 Tag Editor | Gizmo's Freeware

spunk, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

1. Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing... - Similar Threads - properties wont’ save

2. Why won't Windows 10 File Explorer keep my year change in the property details to my MP3...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't Windows 10 File Explorer keep my year change in the property details to my MP3...: As I update or correct my MP3 files in property details of Windows 10, all the changes are saved and reflected in the columns I have selected. The only column that refuses to be saved is the year for the song or album. I can change it in the property window, but when I hit...
  3. Why won't Windows 10 File Explorer keep my year change in the property details to my MP3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 10 File Explorer keep my year change in the property details to my MP3...: As I update or correct my MP3 files in property details of Windows 10, all the changes are saved and reflected in the columns I have selected. The only column that refuses to be saved is the year for the song or album. I can change it in the property window, but when I hit...
  4. Why won't Windows 10 File Explorer keep my year change in the property details to my MP3...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also: When i change the title in a file properties it changes the subject to the same and i think vice versa how can i prevent this thanks i did post this elsewhere but was in a tutorial so guess that was wrong, sorry 178188
  6. Unable to change file Details under Properties

Unable to change file Details under Properties: Hello I have 2 .mp3 files I uploaded of which I am unable to change the file properties. I downloaded both files, put them in my playlists folder, and when I right click each file and go to Properties ---> Details, there is no way to change the song title or artist. The song...
  7. Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details: Hello all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 following the end of extended support for 7. Since then I've been trying to change or update file details for new MP3s that I've downloaded, but despite following the steps to do so in 7, Windows 10 simply erases...
  8. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  9. Computer crashing after saving changes to details tab of MP3 files.

Computer crashing after saving changes to details tab of MP3 files.: I open any folder containing MP3 music files. Right click on any file to open up the properties page. Click on the details tab to edit file details. After completion of changes. I click on okay to save file. 30-60 seconds pause. Screen turns blue then to blank. Screen...
  10. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details...