Windows 10: Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem

Discus and support Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi i recently installed windows 10 on another computer. One ps2 keyboard works on it but using another keyboard does not. Both keyboards I know are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/watch_more_tv, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem

Hi i recently installed windows 10 on another computer. One ps2 keyboard works on it but using another keyboard does not. Both keyboards I know are working fine, I have tried uninstall drivers in device manager and still no joy. The problem is the keyboard I used to install windows is working fine but if i use another ps2 keyboard instead it does not work. Its like windows is locked into keyboard that I used to install it.

The same thing happens on my own computer,the keyboard I used to install works fine but another ps2 keyboard does not.

submitted by /u/watch_more_tv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/watch_more_tv, Apr 8, 2021
  2. aliikhan Win User

Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboard

Can you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank you

Method 4:

1. Open Regedit.
    2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > i8042prt
    3. Set the default value for "Start" to 1.
    4. Restart your machine

aliikhan, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Robert427 Win User
    PS2 Keyboard not registering either parenthesis key

I have a Z170 chipset motherboard with a keyboard PS2 connector. I have several IBM Model M PS2 keyboards that recently stopped registering both the left and right parenthesis keystrokes. All other special characters work. The parenthesis keys DO work
    in the DOS window for Command Prompt. I do not know when this behavior started but it would have been recently.

I have tried all of the following with no success:

1. Turning on and off Filter Keys

2. Removing the PS2 keyboard, both HID Devices in the Device Manager and then scanning for new hardware

I am at a loss but it is a Windows 10 issue as can be seen by the issue is repeatable with multiple PS2 keyboards and is not an issue in the DOS Command Prompt box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert427, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem

1. Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem - Similar Threads - ps2 keyboard problem

2. PS2 Keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS2 Keyboard is not working: PS2 keyboard was working but suddenly it stopped working please help what to do to start it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps2-keyboard-is-not-working/1d736720-cb55-4415-8d64-83a8e01aa771
  3. PS2 Keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS2 Keyboard is not working: PS2 keyboard was working but suddenly it stopped working please help what to do to start it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps2-keyboard-is-not-working/1d736720-cb55-4415-8d64-83a8e01aa771
  4. PS2 Keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10: Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboardCan you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank...
  6. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10: Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboardCan you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank...
  7. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Linking PS2 Keyboards

Linking PS2 Keyboards: I have two computers and would like to use the same PS2 Keyboard with USB connector on both without having to plug and unplug connectors. Is this possible? I have tried to find a USB splitter but cannot find one with two males that handle data. Am I being unrealistic? Thanks...
  9. PS2 Keyboard drivers

PS2 Keyboard drivers: I accidentally uninstalled my PS2 Keyboard drivers on my Connex Swift Book laptop, I'm unable to use the buttons and I don't like using the soft keyboard. Time consuming...
  10. standard ps2 keyboard drivers

standard ps2 keyboard drivers: my device keyboard is not working because of mismatch of driver,what is the best driver for standard ps2 keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-ps2-keyboard-drivers/0fec28f0-a99d-4ea0-8b8d-2630527fd211

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer cant use ps2 keyboard