Windows 10: Windows 10 Public Folder Not Seen

Discus and support Windows 10 Public Folder Not Seen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Upgraded one of my PC's yesterday(7/29) from 7 Home Premium to 10. Now the other two PC"S in my home, both 8.1, cannot see the public folder of the 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrOctober, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MrOctober Win User

Windows 10 Public Folder Not Seen

Upgraded one of my PC's yesterday(7/29) from 7 Home Premium to 10. Now the other two PC"S in my home, both 8.1, cannot see the public folder of the 10 PC. 10 can see the 8.1 just fine.

Tried typing to users/public into the explorer address bar and got an 0x80004005 error

:)

MrOctober, Jul 29, 2015

2. Why does the desktop show both User and Public items?

Windows is designed to enable different users to log in with separate accounts. It has provisions for each user to see a different desktop as you've seen. The answer to your question is that some items should be seen by every user who logs in. Many applications,
    for instance, offer the choice of one user or all users during installation.

What's in the %UserProfile% folder is seen by only the user who's logged in. (Press WindowsKey + R to open the Run box and enter %UserProfile% to open the folder for the user logged in.)

What's in the %Public% folder is seen by all users.

The corresponding desktop folders (reflected on your desktop) are here.

%UserProfile%\Desktop

%Public%\Desktop

JerryLippey, Jul 29, 2015
  3. cannot find public documents folder in Windows 10

Good day,

On Windows Explorer in Windows 7, the 'Public Documents' folder is listed under 'Libraries\Documents'. The 'Public Documents' folder is not listed at all on the Navigation column in Windows 10.

Is there a way to configure in Windows 10 to show Public Documents folder in the navigation column?

Thank you.

ganwilliam, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Hansa Win User

Type: c:/users/public into the explorer address bar.

Hansa, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Public Folder Not Seen - Similar Threads - Public Folder

2. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?: I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to delete the Windows.old Folder. If the 'Public' Folder I want to delete is part of the Windows.old Folder, not the Windows...
  3. Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to delete the 'Public' Folder in the Windows.old Folder?: I've searched the internet a couple of times, but there aren't any definite answers- only that I shouldn't delete the 'Public' Folder, but it's okay to delete the Windows.old Folder. If the 'Public' Folder I want to delete is part of the Windows.old Folder, not the Windows...
  4. Windows shortcuts from Public Desktop folder not showed in Windows Explorer Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shortcuts from Public Desktop folder not showed in Windows Explorer Desktop: Hello dear, i allow myself to ask you here, i've this "bug" on every Windows OS 11 / Server When you put some shortcuts in the Public\Public Desktop folder, it's correctly going on the Desktop on the user But when we are using the "Desktop" shortcut from "This PC" in "Windows...
  5. Windows shortcuts from Public Desktop folder not showed in Windows Explorer Desktop

Windows shortcuts from Public Desktop folder not showed in Windows Explorer Desktop: Hello dear, i allow myself to ask you here, i've this "bug" on every Windows OS 11 / Server When you put some shortcuts in the Public\Public Desktop folder, it's correctly going on the Desktop on the user But when we are using the "Desktop" shortcut from "This PC" in "Windows...
  6. Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network: Hi,I am trying to access the ‘public’ folder located in C:\Users in computer H from another computer computer A connected to my local network. But I can’t access it because Windows is asking me for a username and password.I thought the ‘public’ folder was designed by...
  7. Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network

Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network: Hi,I am trying to access the ‘public’ folder located in C:\Users in computer H from another computer computer A connected to my local network. But I can’t access it because Windows is asking me for a username and password.I thought the ‘public’ folder was designed by...
  8. Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Why does the folder 'users\public\AccountPictures' in DOS/cmd shell show up as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the folder 'users\public\AccountPictures' in DOS/cmd shell show up as...: Why does the folder 'users\public\AccountPictures' in DOS/cmd shell show up as 'users\public\public account pictures' in explorer? And what other niceties does explorer do for me in Windows 10?...
  10. Why does the folder 'users\public\AccountPictures' in DOS/cmd shell show up as...

Why does the folder 'users\public\AccountPictures' in DOS/cmd shell show up as...: Why does the folder 'users\public\AccountPictures' in DOS/cmd shell show up as 'users\public\public account pictures' in explorer? And what other niceties does explorer do for me in Windows 10?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows: why folder is not seen