Windows 10: Windows 10 Public WiFi connections

Discus and support Windows 10 Public WiFi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 with all the latest Dell and Microsoft updates installed. I can attach to a public wifi but can't get internet access. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xtreembob, Sep 1, 2019.

1. xtreembob Win User

Windows 10 Public WiFi connections

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 with all the latest Dell and Microsoft updates installed. I can attach to a public wifi but can't get internet access. I can access any private network without any issues. Tried using Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge without success and disabling all extensions.

I have a MacBook Air running the latest MAC OS 10.14.6 and have never had an issue using Firefox or Chrome with the same extensions installed.

I've researched this on the web and have reset the wifi adapter and a multitude of other suggestions. Never been so frustrated. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:)

xtreembob, Sep 1, 2019

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Hi Craig,

Let me verify some information to help us sort out this issue regarding connecting to a public. Allow me to ask the following:

• Were you able to connect to your company's public wifi before?
    • Can your tablet connect to a different public wifi?
    • Is Airplane mode disabled on your tablet?

Before looking into the other settings, please make sure that the Airplane mode is turned off on your tablet, then try to reconnect. If you're able to connect to your company's wifi before, then I suggest that you forget the network from your tablet first
    before you reconnect to it. Just navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks > select the company's wifi, then hit
    Forget. Once done, reconnect to the network and see if it works. If not, reboot or restart your tablet and try again.

Please update this thread with the result so we can further check on it if the issue persists.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Public WiFi connections

Connecting to Public WiFi

Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?

KevinDelamer, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Public WiFi connections

1. Windows 10 Public WiFi connections - Similar Threads - Public WiFi connections

2. Public/Private WiFi Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public/Private WiFi Connections: Hi,Just setting up Windows 11 for the first time and the public vs private seems back to front with the description and recommendation.Am I missing something??...
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  5. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  7. Unable to connect to public wifi

Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  8. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  9. Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi: Why has no effort been made to rectify the problem with windows 10 connecting to public WiFi, I purchased a tablet just so i could use whilst away at work and the only connection i have available is the company public WiFi which my tablet will not connect to. I have tried so...
  10. Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10: Hi guys, I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved. I also searched on this forum, but still nothing useful found. If I missed the right topic, I'm sorry, I'll provide to erase this asap. My problem is that I'm not able to access...