Windows 10: Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never...

Discus and support Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Education version 1909. I have full Enterprise level controls over updates, however, I have things on default and don't delay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Androneda, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never...

I'm running Windows 10 Education version 1909. I have full Enterprise level controls over updates, however, I have things on default and don't delay updates. Other than definition and cumulative updates nothing major has happened to my OS.

One thing I like to manage my own graphics driver updates with DDU. Yesterday, for the first time since I've been using my machine, a GPU driver was randomly pushed into Windows Update.

It said "Restart required for NVIDIA - Display - 27.21.14.5671" which is driver 456.71 from October 2020. Didn't force a restart but when I shut down it installed. This is the driver I had installed before this, so I'm confused.

Was this a Windows 10 patch for my current driver and not a totally new driver? Is this a normal thing for Windows 10 now and should I try to block this in the future or just leave it?

submitted by /u/Androneda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Androneda, Feb 6, 2021

2. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never...

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never...

1. Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never... - Similar Threads - pushed graphics driver

2. Windows update never find graphics driver to update, and if there were more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update never find graphics driver to update, and if there were more?: Going regularly into graphics device main website is the solution...this is quite appalling, I dare not imagine how many more could be ready to be updated manually chipset, sound, network cardsIn particular, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and Win 11 Pro version 10.0.22621...
  3. Windows update never find graphics driver to update, and if there were more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update never find graphics driver to update, and if there were more?: Going regularly into graphics device main website is the solution...this is quite appalling, I dare not imagine how many more could be ready to be updated manually chipset, sound, network cardsIn particular, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and Win 11 Pro version 10.0.22621...
  4. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers: Hi, a recent forced windows update has broken all of the drivers for my two graphics tablets. One pen does not register movement correctly and the other does not register at all. I have reinstalled the drivers for both tablets several times to no effect and digging around for...
  5. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers: Hi, a recent forced windows update has broken all of the drivers for my two graphics tablets. One pen does not register movement correctly and the other does not register at all. I have reinstalled the drivers for both tablets several times to no effect and digging around for...
  6. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Backup has never worked for me ....

Windows 10 Backup has never worked for me ....: … ever since I installed it. I set up everything very carefully and I click 'Backup now'. Todays result saved only half of 1 folder into 'File History' of 22 folders. The 'File History backup log contains 103 entries, all with a 'Level' of 'Warning' or 'Error'. I haven't a...
  8. This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?: Hi - I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates. A very quick one was pushed. It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to easily find out what it is, since the link is dead. http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx Please take a look at...
  9. This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?: Hi - I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates. A very quick one was pushed. It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to easily find out what it is, since the link is dead. http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx Please take a look at...
  10. Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

Updates require restart - and they never show successful!: Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10. Most updates since then all show "Requires a restart" and they never complete. However, this KB4023057 seems to indicate that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 27.21.14.5671