Windows 10: Windows 10 put CPU into idle caused lagging while playing a game ?

Discus and support Windows 10 put CPU into idle caused lagging while playing a game ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my dell xps15 with Intel i7-7820HQ 2.90 GHz whatever I play a game for example, LOL or Overwatch or Starcraft 2, what happened is that Win 10 somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hiker Gan, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Hiker Gan Win User

Windows 10 put CPU into idle caused lagging while playing a game ?

my dell xps15 with Intel i7-7820HQ 2.90 GHz

whatever I play a game for example, LOL or Overwatch or Starcraft 2, what happened is that Win 10 somehow throttling down from normal 2.89 GHz to 0.8 GHz (which is idle position) in the middle of game cause my screen lagging, and fps drop from normal 59 fps to 1 fps barely unplayable, even in LOL, the fps causally drop from 150 fps all the way to 23 fps with the lowest possible setting.

What puzzling is that, I was thought it is a power or thermal throttling, but it is not the case but when the Win 10 put my CPU into idle, the temperature is 53 degress of C well below 60 C. I checked the CPU utilization it was below 50%. GPU utilization is below 50% as well. No sign of overheating, and no sign of any hardware disfunctioning and my dell also passed dell diagnose test.

I am wondering if there is an explanation for that?

:)

Hiker Gan, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Hiker Gan Win User

my dell xps15 with Intel i7-7820HQ 2.90 GHz

whatever I play a game for example, LOL or Overwatch or Starcraft 2, what happened is that Win 10 somehow throttling down from normal 2.89 GHz to 0.8 GHz (which is idle position) in the middle of game cause my screen lagging, and fps drop from normal 59
    fps to 1 fps barely unplayable, even in LOL, the fps causally drop from 150 fps all the way to 23 fps with the lowest possible setting.

What puzzling is that, I was thought it is a power or thermal throttling, but it is not the case but when the Win 10 put my CPU into idle, the temperature is 53 degress of C well below 60 C. I checked the CPU utilization it was below 50%. GPU utilization
    is below 50% as well. No sign of overheating, and no sign of any hardware disfunctioning and my dell also passed dell diagnose test.

I am wondering if there is an explanation for that?

Hiker Gan, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Kay Es Win User

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 put CPU into idle caused lagging while playing a game ? - Similar Threads - put CPU idle

2. My PC randomly Lag while Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly Lag while Playing Games: I Don't Know Why But My Pc Lag Randomly Sometime it's 2-3 sec or sometime around 1 minAnd I am Playing Light Games Like Tomb Raider 2013My PC SpecAMD Ryzen 5 4600HGTX 1650 Graphic8 GB ram512 SSD and 1 TB HDDMy Windows and Game Run on SSDSSD is half emptyI already tried Up to...
  3. My PC randomly Lag while Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC randomly Lag while Playing Games: I Don't Know Why But My Pc Lag Randomly Sometime it's 2-3 sec or sometime around 1 minAnd I am Playing Light Games Like Tomb Raider 2013My PC SpecAMD Ryzen 5 4600HGTX 1650 Graphic8 GB ram512 SSD and 1 TB HDDMy Windows and Game Run on SSDSSD is half emptyI already tried Up to...
  4. what causes Computer freezes while using the browser, idle and playing games. while pc...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what causes Computer freezes while using the browser, idle and playing games. while pc...: i've had this issue for months so i will explain it again in more detail. my computer has freezing problems while using chrome, when idle and lastly while playing games. and when it freezes if i clicked using a mouse it creates a beeping sound. also when it freezes for some...
  5. Lag spikes while playing online games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lag spikes while playing online games: Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or high hardware usage and...
  6. Windows 10 using high CPU and RAM while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 using high CPU and RAM while playing games: So for some reason when I play games like VALORANT, my computer is using 100% CPU and 60% RAM. I have a high-end laptop with an i7-9750 and a GTX 1660Ti and 16GB RAM. This issue only happens when I am playing games and I have already turned my fans up to the max and my...
  7. laptop lags while playing games when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lags while playing games when plugged in: i have noticed that the laptop lags while playing games when plugged in. But when I play the same games on battery, they run just fine. How do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games/970658d6-be8f-47a8-b84f-39e46e62835f
  8. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming: I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints...
  9. BSOD while playing or idle

BSOD while playing or idle: Hello, i build this PC in december, and everything was runing fine until like 2 months ago. Getting random BSOD while playing some of them happend even when idle. The most recent ones are from today playing Diablo 3, got 3 BSOD in a span of an hour. Getting about 3-4...
  10. BSOD's while Playing games and Idling

BSOD's while Playing games and Idling: Hi everyone! I recently built a new computer and I was very very excited since I haven't started from scratch for several years. Sadly its been plagued with game crashes and BSODs. Initially I assumed that I had installed the drivers incorrectly and that was the source of...