Windows 10: Windows 10 put my "This PC" and everfything eelse into the desktop folder in File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 put my "This PC" and everfything eelse into the desktop folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://gyazo.com/df781cd31548d4418fb2a0cfb1168507 submitted by /u/AndreSun06 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndreSun06, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 put my "This PC" and everfything eelse into the desktop folder in File Explorer

/u/AndreSun06, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 29, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

Windows 10 put my "This PC" and everfything eelse into the desktop folder in File Explorer

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 put my "This PC" and everfything eelse into the desktop folder in File Explorer

1. Windows 10 put my "This PC" and everfything eelse into the desktop folder in File Explorer - Similar Threads - put everfything eelse

2. File Explorer with pc desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer with pc desktop icons: i have always used File Explorer to open and use other folders, but now i only get devices.. i am using windows 11.. any help to go from one to the other, thanks...
  3. Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop... [ATTACH] Even if I drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  4. Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop [ATTACH] Even if I go drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  5. No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer: Greetings. So, I have no desktop under This PC when I go into File Explorer. Where did this go? Wouldnt it normally be there?? My shortcuts are syncing with Google Drive too. Please advise....
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View

Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View: On Windows 10 in File Explorer that has the Quick Locations and all Locations listed in the left-hand menu, my folder "Desktop" randomly changed to "Downloads" even though the correct "Downloads" location remained the same. I am unable to change the folder name back to what...
  7. Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC

Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC: All of I sudden when I select a file or folder in my Documents folder using File Explorer on my Windows 10 PC with Office 365 Home (which just received updates on Tuesday March 12) and click on the red "Delete" X or right click and then left-click on "Delete" in the small...
  8. Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop: When I open This Computer I only see 4 stock folders for Pictures Video etc. I am a Windows 7 user and am having trouble getting to my own Program, Programs x86 folders. Where is all this and why is it an obscrure practice to get a shortcut made to the desktop? BTW I tried a...
  9. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer: In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is...
  10. I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?: I put my "THIS PC" folder and my "OneDrive" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo? 103327