Windows 10: Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

Discus and support Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, 1) Is the Privacy option ( microphone, camera....) concerns only the windows app from the app Store ? Example: I have installed skype from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by christizzz, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

Hello,

1) Is the Privacy option ( microphone, camera....) concerns only the windows app from the app Store ?
    Example: I have installed skype from SKype Websites but i saw there is Skype App also in Windows 10. I have COmpletely disabled the Microphone in the privacy settings.... the App ( from store ) but i cant make calls , it gets disconnected. on the other Hand the Skype programm (.exe) works eventhough the Microphone is disabled in the privacy settings.....
    I have the same interrogation concerning the other options such as webcam and location...

2) I understand that W10 has A login screen ( after a restart for example) and Lock Screen ( if pc is locked)
    The wallpaper of the LOCK screen is defined to Windows Spotlight and the button to use and apply this wallpaper to the LOG IN screen is checked. Whenever i restart my PC or Disconnect form my account, the log in screen is using an fixed wallapaper and not the Spotlight one.... am i missing something ?

3) not in the title but i just remebered: DXDiag shows me a wrong memory for the graphic card... i have an EVGA gtx1070 with 8Gb Memory...DxDiag shows me 16Gb....

Thank you

:)

christizzz, Sep 23, 2016
  2. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

Hello,

1) Is the Privacy option ( microphone, camera....) concerns only the windows app from the app Store ?

Example: I have installed skype from SKype Websites but i saw there is Skype App also in Windows 10. I have COmpletely disabled the Microphone in the privacy settings.... the App ( from store ) but i cant
    make calls , it gets disconnected. on the other Hand the Skype programm (.exe) works eventhough the Microphone is disabled in the privacy settings.....

I have the same interrogation concerning the other options such as webcam and location...

2) I understand that W10 has A login screen ( after a restart for example) and Lock Screen ( if pc is locked)

The wallpaper of the LOCK screen is defined to Windows Spotlight and the button to use and apply this wallpaper to the LOG IN screen is checked. Whenever i restart my PC or Disconnect form my account, the
    log in screen is using an fixed wallapaper and not the Spotlight one.... am i missing something ?

3) not in the title but i just remebered: DXDiag shows me a wrong memory for the graphic card... i have an EVGA gtx1070 with 8Gb Memory...DxDiag shows me 16Gb....

Thank you

Christian Bou Farhat, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

3. My Nvidia card has 2Gb dedicated- the other 4Gb is nominally shared. I think you'll find the same is true for you- 8Gb of 16Gb RAM.

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  5. ok thanks.... no ideas concerning the first 2 questions ?

christizzz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

1. Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper - Similar Threads - Questions concerning Privacy

2. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  3. Privacy concern !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern !: Hello,Today when i was uninstalling unwanted apps i saw remote desktop connection. I don't think I installed that application or used it either. I recently added my school account to my Personal computer, I doubt that because I added my school account to my PC, this app got...
  4. Privacy concern !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy concern !: Hello,Today when i was uninstalling unwanted apps i saw remote desktop connection. I don't think I installed that application or used it either. I recently added my school account to my Personal computer, I doubt that because I added my school account to my PC, this app got...
  5. Win 10 calender privacy concern

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 calender privacy concern: It has a lot to do with this post that is already closed https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3g161t/calendar_in_windows_10_showing_birthdays_of/ I wonder what it goes off of? My Microsoft account? Is my info just shared with random ppl I've emailed just once in my...
  6. Automated Windows 10 slimming/ privacy concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automated Windows 10 slimming/ privacy concerns: A new utility has surfaced on GitHub utilising a front end for PowerShell scripts to facilitate removing Windows bloat and taming telemetry. Debloating Windows 10 and increasing privacy with SharpApp Personally I feel such changes can be managed by anyone willing to do a...
  7. Privacy concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy concern: I got a video shows that windoes send screenshot to server The link is below https://youtu.be/zgs9g-Q-Zm8 Does windows send any screenshot ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-concern/2234f8cb-f1f4-484a-a227-acf01e0adfde"
  8. Privacy concerns

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy concerns: I have a serious concern regarding my online privacy and security and can not seem to come right despite clean installs, premium AV etc. The problem seems to follow despite any efforts including use of a vpn. I do realize strange activity aswel like a program will load very...
  9. Windows 10 and privacy and performance concerns

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and privacy and performance concerns: Hello! I've read a lot about privacy, spying etc. I'm more concerned about the performance that is taken away because of the unnecessary services running that are spying one me than the spying itself. Anyway, what would be the cleanest and safest way to disable all...
  10. A couple of questions concerning Windows 10.....

in Windows 10 Support
    A couple of questions concerning Windows 10.....: Hi, It seems that every single time I get my USB 3 Hard drive to boot with my computer NVIDIA releases a new driver and for some strange reason the hard drive will no longer auto boot with the computer so then I have to get up, turn it off and back on in order for it to...