Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to do a virus scan, but for some reason it's been stuck at 0 files scanned, Estimated time remaining, 0 and it SAYS it's not doing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NipperDude, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working

Hi, I wanted to do a virus scan, but for some reason it's been stuck at 0 files scanned, Estimated time remaining, 0 and it SAYS it's not doing anything, but it did find a couple of trojans anyways. Can anyone help me fix the visual bug, if it even is one?

Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working 49c3f577-b861-484f-868b-d91ee33c7202?upload=true.png

:)

NipperDude, Jan 7, 2021
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/7670/discussions/0/541907867762253418/

Frag Maniac, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working

1. Windows 10 Quick and full scan not working - Similar Threads - Quick full scan

2. Quick Scan not working in Windows 11/10 Defender

in Windows 10 News
    Quick Scan not working in Windows 11/10 Defender: [ATTACH]There could be times when Windows Defender or Windows Security Quick Scan might not be working on Windows 11 or Windows 10 computers. In such situations, you could follow these tips and tricks to troubleshoot the issue. This article explains most of the common...
  3. Quick Scan due but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan due but not working: I have a new Acer running Windows 10 S. The icon on the task bar tells me " Virus &Threat protection Quick Scan due " So i press Scan Now and all i get is this and and nothing happens . Also I cannot access the scan schedule details Any ideas anyone ? Thanks...
  4. Quick Scan

Quick Scan: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  5. Quick scan

Quick scan: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  6. Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan: I've scheduled a Defender weekly run (which wasn't easy) but I find that it's using the Quick Scan option. I'd like it to do the Full Scan option. I went to Microsoft's "help" pages but they just led me around in circles. I this possible? Or am I barking into the wind?...
  7. QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN: HI WHEN I STARTED SCAN IT SAYS SCANING BUT THE FILES SCANNED COUNT IS NOT SHOWING. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT REALLY SCANNING OR HANGED AT THAT POINT...
  8. Defender Full Scans are very short and quick

Defender Full Scans are very short and quick: Is this normal? My most recent Full Defender scan took 5 minutes. Why is this? Does Defender save or cache the already scanned files and mark them as safe so it does not need to re-scan them again? Would this be the reasoning? If yes, how could I remove the already scanned...
  9. Useless Automatic Quick Scans vs. Fruitful Manual Full Scans

Useless Automatic Quick Scans vs. Fruitful Manual Full Scans: Greetings, I've been a Windows person for almost 3 years now. In Appleland I never had to sweat virus activity. In Windowsland I've had to explore how and where people get viruses. (Morbid curiosity.) I now know the type of dicey sites that infect, but something about...
  10. Windows 10 Defender - Quick/Full Scans Last Only 15 Seconds??

Windows 10 Defender - Quick/Full Scans Last Only 15 Seconds??: Hi, Got a weird issue with Windows 10 Defender Antivirus: Windows 10 Defender scans for less than 15 seconds and then finishes? Does not matter if quick scan or full scan...total of about 15 files scanned for each... Any ideas? Thanks! Jesse 140760