Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Assist Dependencies? Getting Blank Window with Rolling Dots on Launch

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Assist Dependencies? Getting Blank Window with Rolling Dots on Launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Small nonprofit here with a few PCs that all exhibit similar behavior. The PCs are Windows Pro 1809 & 1903 (fully up to date) When I launch Quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rambo_Ghandhi, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Quick Assist Dependencies? Getting Blank Window with Rolling Dots on Launch

Small nonprofit here with a few PCs that all exhibit similar behavior. The PCs are Windows Pro 1809 & 1903 (fully up to date) When I launch Quick Assist (what used to be called Remote Assistance), it just launched a blank white window with endless rolling dots as if a necessary dependency like a service or something isn't running.

The PCs have never been connected to a domain and the users are all local admins. I've confirmed "allow remote connections to this computer" is selected under Windows system properties. I don't see any services by the name "quick assist" or "remote assistance." I could be overlooking something by another name. No group policies are set under admin templates->system->remote assistance. I could be overlooking a relevant group policy elsewhere.

I have no idea where to look for relevant registry entries for quick assist. I see it's designated as an "app." When I run dism /online /get-capabilities I do see

Capability Identity : App.Support.QuickAssist~~~~0.0.1.0
    State : Installed

I do know the Microsoft.GetHelp AppxPackage has been removed from these PCs and I'm wondering if that's been made a dependency somehow???

The reason I'm thinking that may somehow be related is a random person discussing adding back Quick Assist via dism
    suggested App.Support.ContactSupport~~~~0.0.1.0 should also be present with App.Support.QuickAssist~~~~0.0.1.0. They didn't give any indication how they knew that though.

:)

Rambo_Ghandhi, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 15, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Quick Assist

The person performing the helping gets the 6 digit code, they Email or text the code to the person requiring the help . . .

Launch the Quick Assist tool. It's listed under the Windows Accessories folder - or just search the Start menu for "Quick Assist."

2. In the Quick Assist window that appears, click Give Assistance

Launching Windows 10 Quick Assist

To help another Windows 10 user remotely, launch the Quick Assist app and choose Give Assistance.

3. Sign in with your Microsoft Online account.

4. Quick Assist generates a 6-digit security code. Give this code (by email, instant messenger, text or voice call) to the person whose computer you will need to connect to. After 10 minutes, this code will become invalid.

DaveM121, Oct 15, 2019
  4. stocktiki Win User

Windows 10 Quick Assist Dependencies? Getting Blank Window with Rolling Dots on Launch

Quick Assist Error Message

Having the same issue. When I launch Quick Assist - I just get a blank window. Not sure where to go for Internet Properties to try this fix. Thanks!

stocktiki, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Quick Assist Dependencies? Getting Blank Window with Rolling Dots on Launch

1. Windows 10 Quick Assist Dependencies? Getting Blank Window with Rolling Dots on Launch - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Dependencies

2. Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine: I have deployed the Quick assist app via my Intune portal. When I try to connect to a standard user on an AAD joined device I get spinning dots and it never connects. But if I am the one logged into both of the devices it connects. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Run an...
  3. Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine: I have deployed the Quick assist app via my Intune portal. When I try to connect to a standard user on an AAD joined device I get spinning dots and it never connects. But if I am the one logged into both of the devices it connects. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Run an...
  4. Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Quick Assist: Can a Windows 10 user Quick Assist a Windows 11 user? Are the two versions of Windows compatible in this respect please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-assist/87fb14c2-3008-4997-8c93-c166750276e2
  6. Windows Quick Assist

Windows Quick Assist: Can a Windows 10 user Quick Assist a Windows 11 user? Are the two versions of Windows compatible in this respect please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-assist/87fb14c2-3008-4997-8c93-c166750276e2
  7. Quick Assist Windows 10

Quick Assist Windows 10: When I load Quick Assist it opens temporarily then it goes to the dreaded Spinning Wheel. Tried multiple times but same result. I have latest Windows 10 updates. Can this be used to assist someone with a MacBook? Thanks...
  8. Give/Get Help on Windows 10 with the Quick Assist app

Give/Get Help on Windows 10 with the Quick Assist app: Who here in this Community has been able to receive/give assistance via the Quick Assist app? Do you recommend the app? Reply with your experience(s). [ATTACH]...
  9. Quick Assist On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Assist On Windows 10: When I open Quick Assist it tries to start but I then just get the cog wheel spinning round. I am running 64Bit Windows 10 Professional, Build 1809, with all of the latest fixes and updates applied. I have tried running both the SFC and DISM commands as Administrator but the...
  10. Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10: How to: Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 How to Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 The Quick Assist app enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve...