Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All Issue is my sister rarely updates her laptop, for a while she had no internet at her place, now has internet, unknown if she ever updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMDMan2016, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions

Hello All

Issue is my sister rarely updates her laptop, for a while she had no internet at her place, now has internet, unknown if she ever updates it, or applies HP bios updates to fix any security issues or various other issues. My Desktop has Windows 10 Pro, Her Laptop is Windows 10 Home, would quick assist be able to be used and could update it using her internet, and i could work with it from my Desktop?

Very Close to Comcast cap limit on my internet currently, so don't think good she brought it over here at this point, used so far this month over 75 percent of allowed data usage before going over, and potentially being charged and overage

Any advice or tips are welcome

:)

AMDMan2016, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions

Lots of interesting tips and info posted, but I wonder if someone was going to answer the question that was asked?

Yes, quick assist should allow you to control her computer remotely.

Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Nov 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Questions

2. Windows Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Quick Assist: Can a Windows 10 user Quick Assist a Windows 11 user? Are the two versions of Windows compatible in this respect please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-assist/87fb14c2-3008-4997-8c93-c166750276e2
  3. Windows Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Quick Assist: Can a Windows 10 user Quick Assist a Windows 11 user? Are the two versions of Windows compatible in this respect please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-quick-assist/87fb14c2-3008-4997-8c93-c166750276e2
  4. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist: Hi, I sometimes use Quick Assist to give assistance to a friend. One problem, he tells me that he can't see my cursor moving over his screen. Is the some settings to make this happen?...
  5. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist: Hello all. First time post. I am finding very difficult if not impossible to use Qick Assist to remote into any laptop. The remote desktop appears no larger than a deck of cards on my end. Your time and assistance will be greatly appreciated. Peter 183969
  6. Question about quick assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about quick assist: So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with someone from tech support through live chat. I was asked a few questions before he asked whether or not I would feel...
  7. Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Quick Assist Questions: Hello All Issue is my sister rarely updates her laptop, for a while she had no internet at her place, now has internet, unknown if she ever updates it, or applies HP bios updates to fix any security issues or various other issues. My Desktop has Windows 10 Pro, Her Laptop is...
  8. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...
  9. Quick Assist Windows 10

Quick Assist Windows 10: When I load Quick Assist it opens temporarily then it goes to the dreaded Spinning Wheel. Tried multiple times but same result. I have latest Windows 10 updates. Can this be used to assist someone with a MacBook? Thanks...
  10. Quick Assist On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Assist On Windows 10: When I open Quick Assist it tries to start but I then just get the cog wheel spinning round. I am running 64Bit Windows 10 Professional, Build 1809, with all of the latest fixes and updates applied. I have tried running both the SFC and DISM commands as Administrator but the...