Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Assist Security Certificate Expired

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Assist Security Certificate Expired in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When trying to connect to any PC using Windows 10 Quick Assist the remote PC fails, popping up a window saying the security certificate has expired,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cwhisp, Feb 6, 2020.

1. cwhisp Win User

Windows 10 Quick Assist Security Certificate Expired

When trying to connect to any PC using Windows 10 Quick Assist the remote PC fails, popping up a window saying the security certificate has expired, etc. Checking the certificate shows it did indeed expire just today Fri 7th Feb 2020 Australian time.

Looks like someone @ Microsoft forgot to renew a certificate. When the clock ticks over to Friday in North America...

If anyone knows of a way round this in the short term I'd be interested as I urgently need to assist someone.

:)

cwhisp, Feb 6, 2020

2. Expired Certificate

Hi,

We understand that you're having an issue with an expired certificate on your Windows 10 PC.

In line with this, have you tried contacting your device manufacturer for an update about the next steps you need to do after the procedure they did on your PC?

To make sure that your PC is secured, kindly run your antivirus software as well as the
    System Maintenance troubleshooter. The
    System Maintenance
    troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts, and perform maintenance tasks. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We also suggest that you perform a Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 to delete temporary
    files.

Let us know the result after following the steps above.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 6, 2020
  3. security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931850

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Quick Assist Security Certificate Expired

Expired security certificate for Metropcs.com

Hi David,

Getting the error message that says the site is using an invalid security certificate may be caused by missing certificates or could be due to web browser cache issues. To sort out this problem, try manually installing the missing certificates and deleting
    the web browser's browsing history. Follow the steps below:

Manually installing the missing certificates.

• In Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended), if the error message about having invalid security certificate pops up.
    • Click the Certificate Error to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificates.

Clearing browsing history.

• Launch Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools (gear icon) on the top-right corner, then select
      Internet Options.
    • Under General > Browsing history, click Delete.
    • Tick the box for Temporary Internet files and website files.
    • Click Delete.

Once done, try accessing the website again and see if you still get the same error.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Quick Assist Security Certificate Expired

1. Windows 10 Quick Assist Security Certificate Expired - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Security

2. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  3. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  4. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 expired certificates ?

Windows 11 expired certificates ?: Hi, I'm having an array of problems on my Windows 11 laptop for a while now, and I believe they are all tied to expired certificates, but I'm not a 100% sure.Here are the various issues I'm facing, in the somewhat chronological order I encountered them :The Steam friend's...
  6. After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/winfeeling [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9od9d/after_20h2_update_windows_securitys_publisher/
  7. Quick Assist encryption and security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist encryption and security: Is there any documentation on the details of Quick Assist security? What encryption does it use? Is the session encrypted point-to-point or is it decrypted on the servers? Does Microsoft store any of the data that passes through it's servers?...
  8. Quick Assist Windows 10

Quick Assist Windows 10: When I load Quick Assist it opens temporarily then it goes to the dreaded Spinning Wheel. Tried multiple times but same result. I have latest Windows 10 updates. Can this be used to assist someone with a MacBook? Thanks...
  9. Quick assist security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick assist security: Hello everyone, I would like to know the security features about Quick Assist. I work as IT Analyst in Remote operations, so for me is very important the security breach that can threat the clients computers. Because of this we need to analyze the features to know if...
  10. Quick Assist On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Assist On Windows 10: When I open Quick Assist it tries to start but I then just get the cog wheel spinning round. I am running 64Bit Windows 10 Professional, Build 1809, with all of the latest fixes and updates applied. I have tried running both the SFC and DISM commands as Administrator but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick assist certificate error

2. quick assist digital certificate

3. quick assist windows 10 download code expired

4. quick assist certificate