Windows 10: Windows 10 Quick Assist will not work through my cloud web proxy

Discus and support Windows 10 Quick Assist will not work through my cloud web proxy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I need to add Windows 10 Quick Assist to my cloud proxy Zscaler bypass list, of IP addresses or URLs to bypass. I have found that this proxy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterK23, Nov 26, 2020.

1. PeterK23 Win User

Windows 10 Quick Assist will not work through my cloud web proxy

Hi,

I need to add Windows 10 Quick Assist to my cloud proxy Zscaler bypass list, of IP addresses or URLs to bypass. I have found that this proxy blocks Quick Assist, so desktops are not able to launch it. It launches and spins and spins and never connects. The minute I remove my proxy from Internet Explorer we use pac files...like wpad, it works.

I have tried searching for this information. I need to know what IP addresses or URLs Microsoft uses for Quick Assist. Does anyone know? I'm pretty sure it uses TCP 443, but I need to know the destination addresses.

Thanks

:)

PeterK23, Nov 26, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Nov 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Windows 10 Quick Assist will not work through my cloud web proxy [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Quick Assist will not work through my cloud web proxy - Similar Threads - Quick Assist through

2. Quick Assist web on MacOS Ventura not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist web on MacOS Ventura not working: Quick assist for web not working on MacOS Ventura any workarounds ? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-web-on-macos-ventura-not-working/e648906f-3381-4337-b525-f62fd8862fbc
  3. Quick Assist web on MacOS Ventura not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist web on MacOS Ventura not working: Quick assist for web not working on MacOS Ventura any workarounds ? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-web-on-macos-ventura-not-working/e648906f-3381-4337-b525-f62fd8862fbc
  4. Quick Assist not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist not Working on Windows 10: When I try to connect to my friends computer to provide assistance using Quick Assist it will no longer connect. It used to connect OK and I'm not sure when the problem first appeared. Everything seems normal until the very last step where she presses allow to complete the...
  5. Quick Assist not Working on Windows 10

Quick Assist not Working on Windows 10: When I try to connect to my friends computer to provide assistance using Quick Assist it will no longer connect. It used to connect OK and I'm not sure when the problem first appeared. Everything seems normal until the very last step where she presses allow to complete the...
  6. Quick Assist not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sound through Quick Assist - is this new?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sound through Quick Assist - is this new?: Recently when assisting other users with Quick Assist we have sound that is transmitted too.When on a Teams call with the user and using Quick Assist I can hear my own voice. This can be quite confusing as there is the usual time delay with Teams calling.This never was the...
  8. Sound through Quick Assist - is this new?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound through Quick Assist - is this new?: Recently when assisting other users with Quick Assist we have sound that is transmitted too.When on a Teams call with the user and using Quick Assist I can hear my own voice. This can be quite confusing as there is the usual time delay with Teams calling.This never was the...
  9. Sound through Quick Assist - is this new?

10. Quick Assist Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist Not Working: When i open Quick Assist (the feature that the newer Windows 10 update added) the dialog box opens and i pick Give assistance, then it start to flash or like when someone press refresh continuously. I can see that it says Share Security Code etc, etc and to copy code to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 quick assist proxy