Windows 10: Windows 10, Ram "Unknown"

Discus and support Windows 10, Ram "Unknown" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to determine the RAM type in my machine without popping the case. Using task manager, I am viewing the Performance tab, Memory category.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KlauseTC, Oct 17, 2018.

1. KlauseTC Win User

Windows 10, Ram "Unknown"

I'm trying to determine the RAM type in my machine without popping the case.

Using task manager, I am viewing the Performance tab, Memory category. The output it is displaying is "8.0 GB Unknown". The system IS displaying the speed, so I have DDRX-1600... I need to know what X is, and would like to avoid opening the case.

I have done a reboot.

Possibly related: Two seperate utilities, both designed to monitor hardware (CPU-Z and Hardware Monitor) fail to launch, and as such, I cannot pull a report from there.

Is there a possible hardware issue here, or a Windows issue?

:)

KlauseTC, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, Ram "Unknown" - Similar Threads - Ram Unknown

2. An unknown program consume my ram and battery when i plugin the charger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An unknown program consume my ram and battery when i plugin the charger: When i plug in the charger an unknown program is consuming ram and battery so much. I have closed the task again and again but it come back after sometimes. My laptop become slow and dull when the program is running. Laptop and charger become baking-hot. Also i installed new...
  3. An unknown program consume my ram and battery when i plugin the charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An unknown program consume my ram and battery when i plugin the charger: When i plug in the charger an unknown program is consuming ram and battery so much. I have closed the task again and again but it come back after sometimes. My laptop become slow and dull when the program is running. Laptop and charger become baking-hot. Also i installed new...
  4. An unknown program consume my ram and battery when i plugin the charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 - Many Unknown explorer.exe uses too much RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Many Unknown explorer.exe uses too much RAM: Hello,when I start my PC without open any program the RAM usage is 80%. I scaned the computer with Malwarebytes, Eset and Kaspersky and nothing found so to solve this problem. If I end the process of those "explorer.exe" tasks the RAM usage falls imiadiatelly around to 10%....
  6. Windows 10 - Many Unknown explorer.exe uses too much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Many Unknown explorer.exe uses too much RAM: Hello,when I start my PC without open any program the RAM usage is 80%. I scaned the computer with Malwarebytes, Eset and Kaspersky and nothing found so to solve this problem. If I end the process of those "explorer.exe" tasks the RAM usage falls imiadiatelly around to 10%....
  7. Windows 10 - Many Unknown explorer.exe uses too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2

Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2: My ram is 2 gb ddr2 and taskmanager and other apps says its unknown and not ddr2 is there any fix on my other pc using my ram it says its DDR2...
  9. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Unknown Constant RAM Usage: Hi, I recently noticed that my computer constantly has about 4GB of RAM in use, even when I newly boot my computer. I have all startup applications disabled, and I can't seem to find what is using all this memory as nothing that appears in Processes on my Task Manager...
  10. Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram being used by an unknown source that is not a user? (I only have one user): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sciencyguy207 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi75v3/ram_being_used_by_an_unknown_source_that_is_not_a/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task manager memory unknown

2. ram type unknown windows 10

3. unknown ram

4. windows 10 memory type unknown,
  5. windows 10 ram unknown,
  6. ram unknown,
  7. pc ram says unknown,
  8. ram limitaotr unlock for windows 10,
  9. ddr4 memory type unknown,
  10. ram ddr4 16gb dual driver updates type unknown,
  11. windows 10 shows unknown ram,