Windows 10: Windows 10 RAM usage.

Discus and support Windows 10 RAM usage. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, the other night I finally upgraded my computer from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10. When the system was running on Windows 7 I was able to run games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Evankim727, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 RAM usage.

Hey, the other night I finally upgraded my computer from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10. When the system was running on Windows 7 I was able to run games and Davinci Resolve 16 with no stuttering. On idle the memory usage would sit around 1 GB of my 4 GB of system memory. As soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 I idle around 3 GB of ram and that instantly goes to max as soon as I open just one tab in Google Chrome. It's gotten to the point where the PC struggles to even open task manager. Are there any options for a lighter OS or a fix for this high system memory usage? SPECS: core I5-2400, GT 1030, 4 GB ram 1333hz, 256 GB hard drive and a 256 GB ssd.

:)

Evankim727, Feb 2, 2020

2. high ram usage windows 10 while gaming

Hi Abhay,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would like to inform that usually when you are trying to play games RAM usage will be high.

To see if any other Third party software are accessing high usage of RAM, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Refer to "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
  4. knute97 Win User

Windows 10 RAM usage.

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 RAM usage.

1. Windows 10 RAM usage. - Similar Threads - RAM usage

2. Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage: My pc windows command processor is taking more than 2gb ram usage when i use applications? please help to remove thisI viewed other threads also in this forum that addresses the same need but i need personal help.Thanks...
  3. Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Processor is taking 2gb ram usage: My pc windows command processor is taking more than 2gb ram usage when i use applications? please help to remove thisI viewed other threads also in this forum that addresses the same need but i need personal help.Thanks...
  4. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  5. High memory RAM Usage

High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  6. Windows 11 Pro RAM not releasing complete memory on exit - takes 30GB memory in 2-3 days usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro RAM not releasing complete memory on exit - takes 30GB memory in 2-3 days usage: Windows 11 Pro is not releasing program from memory and in 2-3 days usage it reaching total 26GB out of 27GB memory on AMD 8600G MSI PRO B650MP + 32GB DDR5I tried RAMMap and understand that each existing process reference is kept in process memory with size between 24K to...
  7. Windows 11 Pro RAM not releasing complete memory on exit - takes 30GB memory in 2-3 days usage

Windows 11 Pro RAM not releasing complete memory on exit - takes 30GB memory in 2-3 days usage: Windows 11 Pro is not releasing program from memory and in 2-3 days usage it reaching total 26GB out of 27GB memory on AMD 8600G MSI PRO B650MP + 32GB DDR5I tried RAMMap and understand that each existing process reference is kept in process memory with size between 24K to...
  8. Excessive RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive RAM usage: Why CMD.exe uses a lot of RAM of my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-ram-usage/dacef1e8-85fc-4bc5-b7da-eda5cde26715
  9. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324
  10. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324