Windows 10: Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in

Discus and support Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have search though a few websites and I cannot find any solution to my problem. Anyway, what I think is that maybe my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mual, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Mual Win User

Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in

Hello everyone.

I have search though a few websites and I cannot find any solution to my problem.
    Anyway, what I think is that maybe my motherboard or hardware have problems. Before doing anything to the hardware, any advice or solutions that I can try? My black screen problem is after I sign into Windows, there is display and everything. Once I sign it, the black screen problem can occur anytime. Can be after a few minutes, or few hours. Never know. But what I can confirm is that, if I'm playing music, although the screen is black, the music is still going. So what I think is that the Windows still running but there is no way to wake up the monitor. I also disable the "Allow to turn off this device to save power" options and enable the mouse and keyboard to wake the computer up.

Also let me describe the hardware problems, which is, sometimes when I switch on the main switch and press on the power button to start my desktop, there is no response. I need to open up the casing and maybe remove and reinsert something, switch off the main switch, turn it back on, then only it will work, or maybe sometimes this also doesn't help.

Thanks! Hope to see any reply soon!

:)

Mual, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Arun B J Win User

Everytime I log into my user, it shows a black screen!

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you have issues in accessing the device with black screen after log-in screen on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the steps in the below Microsoft article about resolving the issues with black screen before and after sign-in and check if it helps.

Refer: Troubleshoot black screen problems

As you facing black screen issues after Sign-in, click on Black screen and signed in to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Black screen with mouse cursor after sign-in on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you have issues in accessing the device with black screen after log-in screen on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the steps in the below Microsoft article about resolving the issues with black screen before and after sign-in and check if it helps.

Refer: Troubleshoot black screen problems

As you facing black screen issues after Sign-in, click on Black screen and signed in to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in

1. Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in - Similar Threads - random Black Screen

2. Windows 10 black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after signing in: After sighning in my pc goes black screen. I tried using task manager and run explorer.exe but i doesn't work.although after waiting 11 hours or more it loads in most of the stuff,but still lags upon clicking anything....
  3. Random Black Screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen on Windows 10: So on my PC when I'm doing anything like Gaming or watching YouTube the screen just goes black, doesn't matter what I'm on it always does this, I can't see anything, like my curser and my PC doesn't even turn off. Turning off my PC or restarting works, but later on it just...
  4. Random Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens: Hello. I currently have a problem with my computer where I would randomly black out while playing games. The game just stops for a couple seconds and it will continue right after. What could be wrong with my computer? Is there any way to test for defective parts? Thank you...
  5. Random black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens: Hello, For some reason when I am watching a youtube video or playing a game my screen just goes black, then I have to turn my laptop off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-black-screens/666a0cf5-2c99-4de6-a375-537bc24ef6b7
  6. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4
  7. Sign in black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in black screen: Hi... successfully installed 1803 yesterday after 5 days... :-) This morning, powered on entered the password and was informed it was incorrect...! checked the password on my other devices it was correct... tried it on the laptop again it refused and went to black screen..!...
  8. ***RANDOM*** BLACK SCREEN Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ***RANDOM*** BLACK SCREEN Windows 10: I have tried everything to fix this, but it still happens. Is this a common issue? I can't be the only one out there with this problem. I'm experiencing RANDOM black screens. It can happen anytime. It doesn't happen super often, but it happens. The thing is that my laptop...
  9. screen turns black after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    screen turns black after signing in: im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it? 91946
  10. Black Screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after signing in: My laptop recently undergone an update and it did not finish completely. During the update, my screen turned black and there was a box which says "Personalized Settings". I decided to turn off my computer and when i signed back in, it brought me to a black screen (with...