Windows 10: Windows 10 - Random drops in performance

Discus and support Windows 10 - Random drops in performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I have a weird issue with a new laptop. Sometimes the performance of my computer suddenly drops massively with no apparent reason. It usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parmachin, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Parmachin Win User

Windows 10 - Random drops in performance

Hi,

So I have a weird issue with a new laptop. Sometimes the performance of my computer suddenly drops massively with no apparent reason. It usually happens in the middle of an intensive task such as gaming or video rendering. For example while playing my fps will go from 60/80 to 8/10 in an instant, or a render that took me 30 minutes on first try will now take 5 hours to complete.

My hardware doesn't seem to be overheating, my power settings are set to best performance and this happens even when I'm plugged in or at full charge. In the task manager, my cpu and gpu will be around or below 20% utilization (RAM at 75 - 80% though).

All my drivers are up to date and usually everything will get back to normal after a reboot.

Here's my system :

Ryzen 7 3750H with RX Vega 10 Graphics

Gtx 1660ti Max-Q

6 Gb of RAM

:)

Parmachin, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Performance drop in windows update.

For Windows Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248), getting the most recent KB update may resolve our concern. Kindly check
    February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248). On this article, listed are various issues that may also be the reason
    why you are having a drop in your Windows performance. Instructions on how to get this latest update is found at the bottom part of the page.

It would also help resolve our concern if we know the specific OS Build.
    Kindly follow the steps belowto know it.

• Press
      Windows logo + I
      to open
      Settings.

• In the
      Settings window, choose System.

• then click on
      About.
      Under
      Windows specification page, you will see your exact OS Build.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Random drops in performance - Similar Threads - Random drops performance

2. Weird Performance drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Performance drop: Hi, I've been playing on my laptop for about 2-3 years now and it didn't seem to have big performance issues. However, as it stands since a few weeks ago, the performance dropped in the device. I gave it to repair quite recently due to a short circuit, yet the GPU and CPU...
  3. Weird Performance drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Performance drop: Hi, I've been playing on my laptop for about 2-3 years now and it didn't seem to have big performance issues. However, as it stands since a few weeks ago, the performance dropped in the device. I gave it to repair quite recently due to a short circuit, yet the GPU and CPU...
  4. Weird performance drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird performance drop: This used to never happen to me. My game is constantly getting 15 or under FPS, when I usually get 60 with the same amount of CPU, GPU and Memory usage. Also even if I restart the game it will still have the same problem, and I actually have to restart the whole laptop. Even...
  5. Weird performance drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird performance drop: This used to never happen to me. My game is constantly getting 15 or under FPS, when I usually get 60 with the same amount of CPU, GPU and Memory usage. Also even if I restart the game it will still have the same problem, and I actually have to restart the whole laptop. Even...
  6. internet randomly drops windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet randomly drops windows 10: Hello,I'm writing there because I have an internet/network adapter issue that starts to drive me crazy.I'll explain, I started losing wifi signal randomly since few weeks now for no particular reasons, I basically tried everything that's on the internet right now as a fix,...
  7. Performance Drop after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Drop after Windows 10 Update: I just built a new pc on 3/28 and I've had super high performance on programs like Autodesk Maya and Clip Studio Paint as well as games like Starcraft 2. Yesterday, on 3/31 I got a windows update and, when it finished, I noticed that all of my frame rates dropped from a max...
  8. Windows 10 dark mode drops performance?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 dark mode drops performance?: Hello dear Micorosoft Community and Staff! Recently I have been shocked that the difference between the normal and the dark mode in Windows 10 actually differ a lot in the performance. Starting from loading the files, and thumbnails to performing the operations. I do not...
  9. Windows 10 = Performance drops

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 = Performance drops: Hi guys, I recently upgraded to windows 10 (Clean install) from windows 7 64-bit. I have a Geforce GTX 970 GPU, latest drivers, latest BIOS. In fact the computer isn't over 2 months old. However after upgrading to Windows 10, I have experienced substantial performance...
  10. Unbearable performance drop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unbearable performance drop in Windows 10: hello! the problem im currently facing is on my 2nd machine: i5 3230m 2.6ghz gt 720m 2gb 500hdd 4gb ram windows 10 home single language it was originally running a windows 8/8.1. but i decided to install windows 10 since i prefer it. but it wasnt a clean install,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random performance drops