Windows 10: Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing

Discus and support Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having an issue where programs will freeze on my computer while I am typing. To be clear, only one program freezes at a time and it is different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by intamin8, Dec 12, 2020.

1. intamin8 Win User

Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing

I am having an issue where programs will freeze on my computer while I am typing. To be clear, only one program freezes at a time and it is different programs not just one where it happens every time. When this occurs I can still move my mouse around but I cannot click anywhere inside that particular programs window and I cannot type anything in that program. But I can click and type anywhere else as normal. If I force close from task manager and reopen that same program it works fine until it freezes again. In my event viewer I do not see any logged issue other than from the force quit which I do after the actual issue occurs.

Some things I have already tried:

- using a different keyboard

- uninstall and re installing keyboard drivers

- rolling back to previous windows version

I am using Windows 10 64b. I have Windows 10 Home 2004 I have tried updating to 20H2 with no success in fixing this issue. I have tried everything I can think of and I really do not want to do a clean install. Just hoping someone has seen this before and has another idea?

My computer worked fine for well over 12 months or so until this started happening 1.5 months ago and I have been unable to pinpoint the issue.

Thanks!

:)

intamin8, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Windows Creator Update Freezes Some Programs when typing

Thanks for the reply. Since the Creator's Update is giving you some issues, we suggest reverting back to the previous update. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, then Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back section.

Once done, it will restart your PC. After the restart, please do check if you'll still experience freeze moments on any programs you are working on.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing

1. Windows 10 - random program freezes while typing - Similar Threads - random program freezes

2. Windows 10 Laptop freezes randomly while working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop freezes randomly while working.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad i3 10th gen with 8gb ram and 1 TB HDD, running Windows 10 with the latest update. It was originally a Windows 10 Laptop and wasn't upgraded from previous versions.Lately, the laptop freezes immediately and doesn't respond. The cursor won't move and any...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop freezes randomly while working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop freezes randomly while working.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad i3 10th gen with 8gb ram and 1 TB HDD, running Windows 10 with the latest update. It was originally a Windows 10 Laptop and wasn't upgraded from previous versions.Lately, the laptop freezes immediately and doesn't respond. The cursor won't move and any...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop freezes randomly while working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes when typing: Hi, since yesterday my computer is nearly impossible to use anymore. The reason for this is that my computer randomly freezes when typing, and this happens consistently. After restarting, everything is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it just freezes again and all apps become...
  6. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezes when typing: Hi, since yesterday my computer is nearly impossible to use anymore. The reason for this is that my computer randomly freezes when typing, and this happens consistently. After restarting, everything is fine, but after 10 minutes or so it just freezes again and all apps become...
  7. Computer randomly freezes when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10

Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10: Some programs crash when i open them i get zero errors and tried to fix it by updating drivers and windows i also tried the sfw scans and restore health noting worked they said they say no errors idk what to do i try to install or unistall anything and i cant i get the same...
  9. Windows randomly freezes while typing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows randomly freezes while typing.: I have a problem where programs freeze on my computer while writing. When this occurs, I can still move the mouse, but I cannot click anywhere within the window of that particular program and I cannot write anything to that program. But I can click and type anywhere else as...
  10. Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10

Programs randomly freeze-crashing with no errors in Windows 10: Hi I've been keeping the latest updates for windows 10 and my drivers. However, in the last 48 hours, I've had a multitude of crashes. Programs that have individually crashed, or crashed all together: Chrome, Games, OBS, Filmora For a 3 second period the program will...