Windows 10: Windows 10 random reboot, screen hang, and a few BSODs

Discus and support Windows 10 random reboot, screen hang, and a few BSODs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For a week now, I've been getting a lot of reboots in my laptop. I tested my RAM with memtest86, twice, and both got 0 errors. Then I stressed test my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Antoniyap, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Antoniyap Win User

Windows 10 random reboot, screen hang, and a few BSODs

For a week now, I've been getting a lot of reboots in my laptop. I tested my RAM with memtest86, twice, and both got 0 errors. Then I stressed test my CPU and GPU using Prime95 and FurMark. Nothing out of the ordinary for an hour. Then I used MemTest by HCI Design to test my RAM at 100% and all's good. Tried reformatting twice, I even updated to 1809 (but now I'm back to 1803) and the reboots are still there

Here's a dump file of the 2 most recent BSODs I got:

https://files.fm/u/gvyq85dn

:)

Antoniyap, Oct 29, 2018
  2. cipherism Win User

Random Reboot with No BSOD

Like this ?

Windows 10 random reboot, screen hang, and a few BSODs [​IMG]

And also, i am getting a strange BSOD when i'm trying to quit BIOS, like this

But after that, my PC went normal. I dont know if its related to the problem
    No
    Here is the list of drivers/software updates

The only drivers that changes before the crash is SAMSUNG, i dont think i ever used it though.

Replace my old Samsung monitor with BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 and have no BIOS changes

cipherism, Oct 29, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. diznanl Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 random reboot, screen hang, and a few BSODs - Similar Threads - random reboot screen

2. Random BSOD Reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD Reboots: Recently, my PC has started having random BSOD reboots. Sometimes these happen when the PC is not being used, so I'm assuming it's some sort of background process causing them. A few months back there was an issue with Norton Antivirus. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and...
  3. Random reboot and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboot and BSODs: Hello, I built my system last november. It runs very well except for the occasional BSOD and sudden reboot. These have been happening since I've built it. I can't remember when it started, but it was very early. These days, though, they are getting very frequent at about a...
  4. Random reboots and BSOD

Random reboots and BSOD: I've just recently started having BSODs and reboots. Different errors most of the time. I ran windows 10 verifier and windows couldn't boot without a BSOD at that point. I did try updating graphics drivers but when that didn't fix it I didn't want to keep shooting in the...
  5. PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots

PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots: A few months ago my pc would crash 2-4minutes after booting it up for the first time in the morning, screen would freeze and wouldnt accept any input I solved this by just rebooting pc and it run as normal for the rest of the day. After a few weeks it would crash twice in the...
  6. Windows 10 randomly hangs at shutdown or reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly hangs at shutdown or reboots: The hanging occurs after everything is closed. Even in the event manager, I can see "Operating System was stopped at xx:xx". When the hangs occurs, the screen is black with no signal, the CPU fan starts to spin faster and faster, meaning the CPU seems to be at 100%. This...
  7. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...
  8. Random Reboot with No BSOD

Random Reboot with No BSOD: So for a couple of months ago, my house is having a short power outage problem that happens quite frequently when I'm playing games. I have a UPS for 2 years to handle a sudden power outage and it usually works well. But unfortunately, the game that I play a lot right now...
  9. Random BSOD Reboots

Random BSOD Reboots: Hello! I have been trying to work on an older Asus K52f laptop that has been having BSOD issues for a while now. I have been unable to find a link to what triggers the BSOD so any help would be awesome. Thank you! Attachment 72724Attachment 72724 46003
  10. Random Reboots, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Reboots, no BSOD: I'm getting random reboots in idle, when watching a video, when playing a game and i cannot explain it, any help is greatly appreciated. MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 17-06-2016 Ran by CaRNagE (administrator) on 02-09-2016 at 17:53:43 Running from...