Windows 10: Windows 10 random restart during idle.

Discus and support Windows 10 random restart during idle. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 My computer randomly restarts when idled, restarts around 10-30mins unused. It also fails to boot up once restarted. Not sure why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tvirus06, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Tvirus06 Win User

Windows 10 random restart during idle.

My computer randomly restarts when idled, restarts around 10-30mins unused. It also fails to boot up once restarted. Not sure why this happens. Prints out kernel-power. event id: 41, task category 63.

However a normal turn on pc, boots up. Once that fails to boot thing shows after the unexpected restart, i push the power button and it auto turns on and boots up. Though its rather slower then normal. But it boots up fully.

Heres debug files.

Thanks.

:)

Tvirus06, Apr 5, 2016

2. 0xc000000e error not occurring at boot

I am receiving the 0xc000000e error when my computer is just sitting around idle and not at boot.

My desktop is running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, though this error would occur prior to this update as well. I have used the group policy editor to prevent automatic restart of my device, so it shouldn't be restarting on it's own. This desktop is always
    on...it doesn't go into sleep mode/hibernate.

No new devices have been added.

Any idea why this error, which seems to be only described as happening during the boot sequence in other posts, would happen at random times instead?

Steve S 2016, Apr 5, 2016
  3. DeetleVa Win User
    11 BSODs in 3 months with Windows 10

The BSODs have been random. Some have occurred while the laptop was idle, others during various operations. HP did not list chipset driver updates for windows 10. I installed the latest drivers listed for Windows 7. I have had two more BSODs:

Driver overran stack buffer and Unexpected kernel mode trap. I added the two minidumps for 1/27/2016

DeetleVa, Apr 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

No dumps so hard to figure out what is going on.

Start by disabling Startup programs and see if that helps.

f.lux "C:\Users\Kittytoe\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /noshow
    Spotify Web Helper "C:\Users\Kittytoe\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\SpotifyWebHelper.exe"
    Spotify "C:\Users\Kittytoe\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe" -autostart -minimized
    Steam "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent
    Gyazo C:\Program Files (x86)\Gyazo\GyStation.exe
    Lightshot C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\Lightshot.exe

You can disable them from Task Manager, Startup tab.

If that doesn't help then try using Clean Boot: Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums to identify the cause of the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 random restart during idle. - Similar Threads - random restart during

2. Pc randomly restarts during windows setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc randomly restarts during windows setup: I've had this pc for 3 years no problem and now it restarts when turning on pc. I thought at first it was the ssd so I replaced that and its still happening. My pc will start up fine but it says there's issues with windows and when I troubleshoot it through the usb with...
  3. Pc randomly restarts during windows setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly restarts during windows setup: I've had this pc for 3 years no problem and now it restarts when turning on pc. I thought at first it was the ssd so I replaced that and its still happening. My pc will start up fine but it says there's issues with windows and when I troubleshoot it through the usb with...
  4. Random Restarts When Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Restarts When Idle: My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link...
  5. Random Restarts When Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Restarts When Idle: My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link...
  6. Random restart while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restart while idle: Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well. Please kindly see attached for the files compiled by the V2 Log Collector: IANP-LAPTOP-(2021-06-27_15-17-13).zip. My Windows Version is: Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055). Thank you very much, God bless, stay safe and healthy, and have...
  7. Windows 10 Restart on idle

Windows 10 Restart on idle: Hi, Recently my laptop has this problem if left idle more than 5 minute it will go restart and shut down button will do restart instead of shut down. Im using MSI laptop with win10, P/s: Please do not advise me to check on the ram since I already run and no problem with...
  8. Random Bluescreens during Idle

Random Bluescreens during Idle: I have been experiencing random bluescreens in more or less Idle use, so during watching Youtube, etc. It never happens during gaming. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8SfUDHPixOd8EpzMjlQg-ocok?e=sEJhaj You should be able to access the minidump files via this onedrive link and a...
  9. Random BSODs and restarts while idle

Random BSODs and restarts while idle: Recently my computer has started restarting itself and/or crashing when not in use. As long as I have something active and in use, like a youtube video or a game running, it will not crash or restart at all; it only restarts when I leave it idle. For example, just now I left...
  10. Windows 10 issues restarting automatically pc during idle and gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 issues restarting automatically pc during idle and gaming: Hi everyone new poster here Specs 4930k I7 Graphics Gtx Titan motherboard rampage IV ram 16gb ddr3 PSU 1200W win10 64bit Hi all i am in need of some help with windows 10 I have had computer restarting at random times during gaming and just normal watching videos on...