Windows 10: Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update

Discus and support Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, I have a problem with random restarts after 1809 update. It's like black screen and after 1-2 seconds Windows restarts.Four (4) times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Delict, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Delict Win User

Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update

Hello there,​

I have a problem with random restarts after 1809 update. It's like black screen and after 1-2 seconds Windows restarts.Four (4) times happened after this update. I must tell you that I have never had any problems like these before. Everything was fine untill now.​

Does anybody here can help me out please ? This is so frustrating.​

Thank you!​

:)

Delict, Oct 6, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 6, 2018
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update - Similar Threads - random restarts 1809

2. Windows keep restarting with Blue Screen "SYSTEM_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION" after Windows 10 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keep restarting with Blue Screen "SYSTEM_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION" after Windows 10 1809 Update: I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 1809 version and since then, it throws Blue Screen Stop Code error in every about 10 minutes of Startup displaying "SYSTEM_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION". I've tried following: • Check disk and tried repair. • Tried running safe mode it works...
  3. Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates: Hey! I know its late but I'm getting very frustrated trying to finish a project but windows keeps crashing unexpectedly. Everytime Windows 10 under goes an update my system starts to crash repeatedly at random intervals for a while even days before it starts running smoothly...
  4. Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update: Hey there, A few days ago, my PC started shuttingdown and restarting randomly (but mostly when I was idling), so I thought that my PSU was dying so I changed it. After changing it, the issue persists so I checked other components too and they're okay. I saw that there are...
  5. Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809

Random restarts after the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809: After the Windows 10 automatic update to 1809 my system has started to suddenly restart (occasionally just stops) while system is idle. Frequency of these restarts is increasing and cannot find a cause. Tried uninstalling 1809, but past 10-day limit. All security updates are...
  6. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  7. windows 10 will not boot after 1809 update

windows 10 will not boot after 1809 update: windows 10 will not boot after 1809 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-boot-after-1809-update/0538ae0c-2449-45e2-939b-23d8ddfb74ec
  8. Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809

Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809: Recently i installed windows 10 1809 from 1803 . During startup i found a crack or tweak sound (once or twice) other than normal processor sound , every time i restart system. On previous versions it wasn't heard . Should i uninstall it or wait for updates ? ***Title...
  9. Random BSOD After October update 1809

Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  10. Random reboots after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots after 1809 update: Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ... After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rebooting after 1809 update

2. windows 10 build 1809 update causing computer to restart

3. pc automatically restarts after upgrading to Windows 1809

4. windows 10 1809 reboots every night,
  5. pc restarts during update 1809,
  6. Windows 10 version 1809 random restarts],
  7. windows phone repeatedly restarts after update,
  8. does the windows update help with random reboots,
  9. pc restart warning after installing 1809,
  10. windows 10 version 1809 random reboot,
  11. windows 10 ver 1809 reboots by itself,