Windows 10: Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

Discus and support Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there, A few days ago, my PC started shuttingdown and restarting randomly (but mostly when I was idling), so I thought that my PSU was dying so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mario080, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

Hey there,

A few days ago, my PC started shuttingdown and restarting randomly (but mostly when I was idling), so I thought that my PSU was dying so I changed it. After changing it, the issue persists so I checked other components too and they're okay. I saw that there are some people reporting the same issue that I have, but I haven't found a fix yet. Since the update it's too old, I can't Uninstall it automatically. Anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it? Or can I rollback to a different version of Windows?

Thanks Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update :)

submitted by /u/Mario080
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mario080, Feb 25, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Random Restarts - Windows 7-64 bit

I have an ASUS desktop, that at random intervals, will completely shutdown and restart.

I get a message upon restart saying that Windows has recovered from a serious error.

How do i figure out what is causing the crash and hopefully resolve it??

snuffnchess, Feb 25, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

1. Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update - Similar Threads - Random Shutdowns Restarts

2. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  3. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  4. Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown: Windows 11After a successful shutdown of Windows 11, about 5-10 minutes later Windows will restart. After another shutdown and about 5-10 minutes later, Windows will again restart. Shutting down after restart from the opening page without login right hand corner yields the...
  5. Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown: Windows 11After a successful shutdown of Windows 11, about 5-10 minutes later Windows will restart. After another shutdown and about 5-10 minutes later, Windows will again restart. Shutting down after restart from the opening page without login right hand corner yields the...
  6. Windows 10 restart after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restart after shutdown: Hey guys. I have a problem with windows 10. My computer restarts after a few seconds of shutting down. I've been having this issue for months. I tried every fix such as turning of fast start up and running a virus scan. I am not sure if it's even a hardware or software...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns: I own 2 computers running Windows 10 Pro 1909, and one of the machines will randomly shutdown whether I'm using it or it's just sitting. I'm very experienced with Windows and have made sure all of my settings are set correctly. I have every update installed as well. Is this...
  8. Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart: I have windows installed on a SSD. After updating my computer takes around 4 minutes to shutdown and 4 minutes to restart. Before the update it took seconds. What can I do? Fast start is disabled and did the same thing when turned on. There is no more updates and there is...
  9. Windows 10 November update 1909 random Restarts

Windows 10 November update 1909 random Restarts: Hello everybody, so i installed the november update when it went live and today suddenly my PC just restarted twice in the last few hours. It just suddenly restarts with no warnings like BSOD or lagging or hanging (while just watching YouTube videos). I think there is no...
  10. Random Shutdowns/Restarts

Random Shutdowns/Restarts: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Scar edition GL703GS, Windows 10 installed. Lately my machine has been shutting down randomly. I checked event viewer --> system for event ID 6008 for 'dirty shutdowns.' Here are the details XML - <Event...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 causing random shutdown