Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have had this problem for a couple of days where my system suddenly becomes completely unresponsive for 1-2 minutes. I have only noticed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminÅberg, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes

Hello!

I have had this problem for a couple of days where my system suddenly becomes completely unresponsive for 1-2 minutes. I have only noticed it happening when opening a new tab in Google Chrome. What happens is that the page I open doesn't load (loading thingy just spins) and I can't close or open any programs on the PC either. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't do anything. The screen doesn't, however, freeze because I can move open programs around and move my mouse normally.

After a couple of minutes the whole system then "comes back to life" and the CTRL + ALT +DEL screen comes up. All the programs I tried opening while the system was unresponsive also start opening normally after this. In Event Viewer I also haven't found anything odd except that after the freeze I get an error saying that my anti-virus software timed out.

What could the problem be and where do I start troubleshooting? Anyone else experienced a similar problem?

:)

BenjaminÅberg, Apr 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 12, 2019
  3. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes

1. Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes - Similar Threads - randomly becomes completely

2. Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.: Dell XPS 8940Windows 11 ProVersion 22h211th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz64.0 GB RAMTwo Drive 1.84 TB It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I...
  3. Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.: Dell XPS 8940Windows 11 ProVersion 22h211th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz64.0 GB RAMTwo Drive 1.84 TB It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I...
  4. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  5. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  6. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly: GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video....
  8. Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes

in Browsers and Email
    Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes: I have this peculiar problem: When i use Google Maps in my browser, i can click around, search and zoom but after a few minutes Google Maps becomes unresponsive and just "hangs". The browser tab indicates that the page is loading. Sometimes the problem goes away after a few...
  9. Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals: Help! Windows 10 computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals, after hours since last reboot. Mouse cursor doesn't react to movements of mouse, keyboard keys don't work at all, pressing numlock, capslock and scrolllock don't turn on or off the indicator lights on...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - random freezes and PC becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - random freezes and PC becomes unresponsive: Hello! I have checked various threads and solutions but not yet found anything that works and would love a fully-working PC by tomorrow (self-employed/work from home)...! My situation is this... I upgraded from a fully-functioning Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 this weekend....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 problems since last update

2. Win10 unresponsive for 1 minute