Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marc_520, May 16, 2019.

1. Marc_520 Win User

Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the computer will awaken after sleeping and some or all of my open programs will have been closed. This includes Google Chrome, OpenOffice, file folders, even basic things like Calculator. It doesn't always happen (in fact, it's happened maybe four times in the past month) and sometimes only one or two programs close, while at other times everything closes. What could be going on here? There's reports of this all over the Internet -- ever since Win 10 was released, I might add -- but I can't find any straightforward solutions. Surely Microsoft is aware of this and has a solution?? I religiously save my work as I go but I imagine this could be a disaster for someone who's in the middle of something, takes a break, and comes back to find all of their work lost.

:)

Marc_520, May 16, 2019

2. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, May 16, 2019
  3. Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, May 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

1. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep - Similar Threads - randomly closes programs

2. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  3. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  4. Programs keep closing randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs keep closing randomly: I'm having a problem where opening a program causes a bunch of other programs to close. For example, if I have my anti-virus open and try to open steam, steam opens but the AV closes. When I check task manager, the AV is still open in the background, and when I reopen the AV...
  5. Programs close upon sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs close upon sleep: So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached out to a tech, etc and tried following everything. I still can find the fix. I just built the pc a couple of days ago. Any...
  6. Windows 10 going into sleep mode randomly while lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 going into sleep mode randomly while lid is closed: Hi, I've already updated power options to keep Windows stay awake when the lid closed. I experienced these settings and it's working correctly. But, during using the laptop gaming, programming, etc. windows going into sleep mode randomly. What is 'randomly'? Sometimes, It is...
  7. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  10. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly: I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer sleep closes folders

2. windows 10 programs close when sleep

3. programs randomly close

4. windows closes windows in sleep