Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marc_520, May 16, 2019.

1. Marc_520 Win User

Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the computer will awaken after sleeping and some or all of my open programs will have been closed. This includes Google Chrome, OpenOffice, file folders, even basic things like Calculator. It doesn't always happen (in fact, it's happened maybe four times in the past month) and sometimes only one or two programs close, while at other times everything closes. What could be going on here? There's reports of this all over the Internet -- ever since Win 10 was released, I might add -- but I can't find any straightforward solutions. Surely Microsoft is aware of this and has a solution?? I religiously save my work as I go but I imagine this could be a disaster for someone who's in the middle of something, takes a break, and comes back to find all of their work lost.

:)

Marc_520, May 16, 2019

2. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, May 16, 2019
  3. Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, May 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

1. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep - Similar Threads - randomly closes programs

2. Windows 10 Keeps Sleeping Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps Sleeping Randomly: I had gotten this Dell laptop around maybe July or August of last year. I use Windows 10 also. The laptop has always been pretty slow and annoyed the most out of me, I have to keep it on the charger 24/7 or it'll just completely die which is fine by me but I had that issue on...
  3. Windows sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sleeping randomly: Hi there, I've been having this issue on my dell vistro from last three days. It keeps sleeping randomly while I'm using it sometimes it shutdowns automatically. I have tried all the solutions available on the internet but they didn't work. Help me please :(...
  4. Streaming programs randomly close without warning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming programs randomly close without warning?: After this major features update for windows from the April 2018 Update. It seems like all streaming programs from Xsplit, GameDVR, and OBS just randomly close without warning or real error....
  5. Programs Spontaneously Closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Spontaneously Closing: Hi. So for a while now, programs currently running on my computer have been spontaneously closing, usually when the computer is under stress when running games. I am not the one closing the programs and no viruses have been found on my computer. I have tried booting into...
  6. programs auto closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs auto closing: hi guys i have opened the builtin admn by changing the cmd to sethc so whenever i press shift 5 times at login it opens the cmd for me to type the net user admin /active:yes command but my question is i open taskmgr with the cmd i mentioned before I run programs from "run...
  7. Closing programs

Closing programs: Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does...
  8. Programs Closing

Programs Closing: I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox...
  9. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly: I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed...
  10. Windows 10 re starting closed programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 re starting closed programs: I've recently noticed that sometimes, not always but sometimes. When I exit a program or game to desktop. Windows 10 decides to re launch that program or game. it is seriously annoying & was wondering if anyone has this problem & know of a fix? 68566