Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveSumner1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC or do a repair to Windows and usual not very helpful answers and they had all been closed so you couldn't post against them.

The issue was that nobody had realistically answered the questions and I was still having this issue right up to the end of July 2019. However, I now seem to have resolved this issue as the random closing of programs seems to have stopped.

Every thread seemed to have people talking about 'out of memory' warnings popping up but, I wasn't getting those so I largely ignored them but try as I might I couldn't resolve the issue. I tried graphics drivers and all sorts of updates and fixes to no avail. Then I thought about these memory errors and looked into my memory setup on my computer. I always set my virtual memory (swap file) to custom and because of that I never checked it but, I decided to go and have a look. All I can assume is that some Microsoft update had changed this back to 'Automatically manage paging file for all drives' and it wasn't set to custom any longer. So, I moved the paging file to a second drive and allocated it lots of space (5000 - 30000) and I haven't had one crash since.

If you are having trouble finding the Paging File setup, then right click 'This PC' and select properties. In the window that appears select 'Advanced System Settings' and in the new window that appears select the 'Advanced' tab. Then under 'Performance' select 'Settings' and in the new window select the 'Advanced' tab again. Under 'Advanced' you will see the 'Virtual Memory' area then select 'Change'. Be careful and if you don't know what you are doing make a note so you can go back to the original settings.

Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs e9743413-d841-43f0-b67a-574826f29ce0?upload=true.jpg

Hopefully Microsoft will not delete this thread and it helps you if you have this issue.

VB

:)

DaveSumner1, Sep 9, 2019

2. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

1. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs - Similar Threads - Randomly Closing Programs

2. Programs close and restore randomly. Games reduce window size randomly, too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs close and restore randomly. Games reduce window size randomly, too.: So I have a problem as of late the past 2 or 3 days where Google Chrome will sporadically close and restore itself a second or two later. Possibly linked: I attempt to play a video game on my desktop and it reduces size from full screen to windowed mode.I've tried to...
  3. Programs close and restore randomly. Games reduce window size randomly, too.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs close and restore randomly. Games reduce window size randomly, too.: So I have a problem as of late the past 2 or 3 days where Google Chrome will sporadically close and restore itself a second or two later. Possibly linked: I attempt to play a video game on my desktop and it reduces size from full screen to windowed mode.I've tried to...
  4. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  5. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  6. Programs keep closing randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs keep closing randomly: I'm having a problem where opening a program causes a bunch of other programs to close. For example, if I have my anti-virus open and try to open steam, steam opens but the AV closes. When I check task manager, the AV is still open in the background, and when I reopen the AV...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  8. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep: Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the computer will awaken after sleeping and some or all of my open programs will have been closed. This includes Google Chrome,...
  9. Streaming programs randomly close without warning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming programs randomly close without warning?: After this major features update for windows from the April 2018 Update. It seems like all streaming programs from Xsplit, GameDVR, and OBS just randomly close without warning or real error....
  10. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly: I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. software closes randomly in window 10

2. windows 10 windows close randomly

3. windows 10 randomly closes apps

4. programs closing on their own,
  5. programs randomly close windows,
  6. windows 10 closes programs unexpectedly,
  7. windows 10 windows closing randomly,
  8. pc randomly close programs,
  9. why apps randomly close on Windows10