Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! I know its late but I'm getting very frustrated trying to finish a project but windows keeps crashing unexpectedly. Everytime Windows 10 under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chrisa1taylor, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates

Hey! I know its late but I'm getting very frustrated trying to finish a project but windows keeps crashing unexpectedly. Everytime Windows 10 under goes an update my system starts to crash repeatedly at random intervals for a while even days before it starts running smoothly again.

I've tried troubleshooting with/without my RAM, HDDs, GFX Card, power supply...having no programs load at start up etc. but it still happens. When I boot to Safe Mode it doesn't crash at all but I'm still not sure what the problem could be.

If anyone knows a solution or has a good recommendation please let me know, thanks.

submitted by /u/chrisa1taylor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chrisa1taylor, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. alahmed Win User
    Real Temp crashes Windows 10

Hello

I am a new here and I need help please.

I have noticed that disabling Turbo Boost by Real Temp is crashing the system after the last update of windows 10.

before the last update that function was working perfectly without any issue.

after getting windows last updates which was yesterday and after restarting my system , and tried disabling turbo boost by real temp as I used to do , my system crashed.

I thought it was just an error, but every time I try that scenario, my system crashes.

File sharing and storage made simple

my computer is Lenovo Y700 , intel I7 6700HQ

alahmed, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates

System crashes randomly while using on Windows 10

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue;

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system randomly freezes?
    • Does the system freeze specific to any particular task on your computer?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of random system freeze for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates

1. Windows 10 randomly crashes/restart after system updates - Similar Threads - randomly crashes restart

2. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  3. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  4. System Randomly Restarts/Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Randomly Restarts/Crashes: Been having this problem for a bit here and there. Happens once Every few days. This is a new System Only 1 Month Old and it seems to be having what I would call I suppose a soft Crash.Here is the DMP that was put in the LiveKernalReports folder under WheaA few things I have...
  5. System Randomly Restarts/Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Randomly Restarts/Crashes: Been having this problem for a bit here and there. Happens once Every few days. This is a new System Only 1 Month Old and it seems to be having what I would call I suppose a soft Crash.Here is the DMP that was put in the LiveKernalReports folder under WheaA few things I have...
  6. System Randomly Restarts/Crashes

7. Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts

Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts: Hi All - ever since i have upgraded the OS Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - my Desktop is crashing frequently and restarts. In the event viewer i notice many errors: From the application log: svchost 4544,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page...
  8. System random restarts.

System random restarts.: Hello guys, I am at my wits end fighting with this new build so I thought I would try a post here. I am having completely random system restarts on this new build. I have exchanged everything except the cpu and ram on this system with the last thing I did being putting a...
  9. Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update

Windows 10 random restarts after 1809 Update: Hello there, I have a problem with random restarts after 1809 update. It's like black screen and after 1-2 seconds Windows restarts.Four (4) times happened after this update. I must tell you that I have never had any problems like these before. Everything was fine untill...
  10. Random System Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Random System Restarts: Having some really strange random system reboots since doing a clean install of Windows 10. Everything is up to date in terms of system updates. All my hardware drivers are up to date as well. It happened just now, where I was just browsing the internet, and all of a...