Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.My Windows 10 is crashing quite often when I wake it up from sleep. I wanted to turn the Hibernation on as a workaround, but unfortunately it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VitalyPushkar, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep

Hello.My Windows 10 is crashing quite often when I wake it up from sleep. I wanted to turn the Hibernation on as a workaround, but unfortunately it's not available on my machine for some reason.Anyways, I've collected recent dumps and sysinfo and will be really grateful if somebody could take a look. This has been driving me crazy and I tried everything I could find on the Internet but to no avail...Thank you.Link to the files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uvheX__ODCvrwjbl2G0FNsp_f1YeKyFd?usp=sharing

:)

VitalyPushkar, May 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, May 6, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363
    Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.
    Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Second Problem:constantly crashing, blue screen of death.

Last info from Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Antimalware Service Executable

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2001.10-0\MsMpEng.exe
    Creation Time: 3/14/2020 1:39:54 PM
    Problem: MpTelemetry

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MpTelemetry
    Problem Signature 01: unspecified
    Problem Signature 02: HardeningTelemetry
    Problem Signature 03: HardeningTelemetryDisableAS
    Problem Signature 04: 4.18.2001.10
    Problem Signature 05: unspecified
    Problem Signature 06: unspecified
    Problem Signature 07: unspecified

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: fdb8de8b2cbae82736f81cfce42d2152 (1655104735544156498)

Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep [​IMG]

Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, May 6, 2021
  4. Zini Win User

Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep

Windows 10 BSOD freeze after sleep + blue screen on boot

I had the following problem:

I just fresh installed Windows 10 on my ThinkPad t450s and crashed after every sleep.

When the laptop is in sleep mode and I open it and press a key to wake it up:

• BSOD appears directly saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs a restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (0% complete) - [...] CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED";
    • OR login screen appears but everything is laggy and then the BSOD appears;
    • OR once I've got as far as the desktop using the fingerprint device, but then the BSOD appeared, this time without the error name.

Never did the percentage change from 0% before the computer rebooted.

I updated the graphic card drivers and the Wi-Fi drivers, deactivated the quick boot and tried many bizarre suggestions from the internet, but nothing helped.

Now since the last sleep crash:

The computer doesn't work at all, it shows an empty blue screen after each startup.

I tried to repair Windows using the Windows 10 USB stick, but it fails to find anything wrong or to restore a previous build.

I found this post suggesting to delete a driver but I don't know how to do it as my drive is encrypted using BitLocker and the command prompt is telling me to use to control panel to unlock it.

Zini, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep

1. Windows 10 randomly crashes with the blue screen when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - randomly crashes blue

2. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  3. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  4. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep: Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I...
  5. Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep

Windows blue screening when waking up from S3 sleep: Since changing my sleep mode from S0 modern standby to S3 classic sleep a month or two ago, my machine has blue screened 3 times, every time when waking up from sleep mode, with the unexpected store exception message. It happened on 23 December, 8 January and again today. I...
  6. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  7. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  8. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

9. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  10. Blue screen when waking up from sleep

Blue screen when waking up from sleep: I put my computer to sleep and went off to do some work. Firefox and Jetbrains PyCharm were active before putting it to sleep. When I came back and opened the lid, rather than showing me the lock screen, it showed me the dell screen indicating it had restarted. The...