Windows 10: windows 10 randomly crashes

Discus and support windows 10 randomly crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, i've tried windows 10 a few times, and always had the same issues. A few months back something happened with my windows 8 and i was forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StarFan13, Nov 18, 2018.

1. StarFan13 Win User

windows 10 randomly crashes

So, i've tried windows 10 a few times, and always had the same issues. A few months back something happened with my windows 8 and i was forced to permanently upgrade to 10. Every time, and ever since upgrading, my PC randomly shuts down. It could be two minutes after start up or two hours, but it always happens. Sometimes it's while i'm gaming, sometimes it's while i'm just staring at my desktop. All my drivers are up to date and i should have more than enough ram/memory/graphic memory/etc. to run 10.

This basically makes my computer a big useless brick, so if i could get some answers to this soon that would be great. thank you

:)

StarFan13, Nov 18, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  4. windows 10 randomly crashes

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 randomly crashes

1. windows 10 randomly crashes - Similar Threads - randomly crashes

2. Crash dump debugger report - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash dump debugger report - random restarts: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random restarts with no BSOD and no error codes, the problem is also associated with failed shutdown where the monitors would switch off but the computer itself remains on - RGB lights, case fans and GPU fans and would only switch off...
  3. Crash dump debugger report - random restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash dump debugger report - random restarts: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random restarts with no BSOD and no error codes, the problem is also associated with failed shutdown where the monitors would switch off but the computer itself remains on - RGB lights, case fans and GPU fans and would only switch off...
  4. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  5. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  6. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen: Please, can anyone help me??I can't seem to find the cause of this issue.I have completely uninstalled my gpu drivers using DDU and using the basic one from the device manager. The PC will still randomly shut down and restart to the desktop!. The PC has no overheating...
  8. PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen

PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen: Please, can anyone help me??I can't seem to find the cause of this issue.I have completely uninstalled my gpu drivers using DDU and using the basic one from the device manager. The PC will still randomly shut down and restart to the desktop!. The PC has no overheating...
  9. How can I figure out what is causing random crashes in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I figure out what is causing random crashes in Windows 11?: I've been having random crashes and can't figure out what is causing it. I've seen some advice here for the minidumps but I have no idea how to read them. Could anyone help me figure out what is going...
  10. How can I figure out what is causing random crashes in Windows 11?

How can I figure out what is causing random crashes in Windows 11?: I've been having random crashes and can't figure out what is causing it. I've seen some advice here for the minidumps but I have no idea how to read them. Could anyone help me figure out what is going...