Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly Crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, built a new computer two months ago, had no problems. Recently updated Windows and am now getting memory management failures which have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielJohnson9, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Randomly Crashes

Hi guys, built a new computer two months ago, had no problems.

Recently updated Windows and am now getting memory management failures which have escalated to flat out freezes with no reason. The OS doesn't even blue screen, it just freezes.

I have no idea if it is hardware, software or driver problem, but this only happened with the recent Windows update.

Version: 2004

OS Build: 10941.450

CPU: i7-10700

RAM: 32 GB

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060

:)

DanielJohnson9, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Crashes

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Randomly Crashes

1. Windows 10 Randomly Crashes - Similar Threads - Randomly Crashes

2. Random PC crash followed by reboot and then a second crash with no apparent reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC crash followed by reboot and then a second crash with no apparent reason?: As I was playing games today my PC worked perfectly fine as it usually does and had no problems whatsoever. I then went into a discord call and started streaming a different game to friends. This worked perfectly fine for like half an hour, however the PC then proceeded to...
  3. Random PC crash followed by reboot and then a second crash with no apparent reason?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC crash followed by reboot and then a second crash with no apparent reason?: As I was playing games today my PC worked perfectly fine as it usually does and had no problems whatsoever. I then went into a discord call and started streaming a different game to friends. This worked perfectly fine for like half an hour, however the PC then proceeded to...
  4. Random PC crash followed by reboot and then a second crash with no apparent reason?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?: As I was playing games today my PC worked perfectly fine as it usually does and had no problems whatsoever. I then went into a discord call and started streaming a different game to friends. This worked perfectly fine for like half an hour, however the PC then proceeded to...
  6. PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?: As I was playing games today my PC worked perfectly fine as it usually does and had no problems whatsoever. I then went into a discord call and started streaming a different game to friends. This worked perfectly fine for like half an hour, however the PC then proceeded to...
  7. PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?

8. PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?

9. PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?

10. PC randomly crashed twice in a row and I dont understand why?