Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly crashing.

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly crashing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Random times when I’m using my computer it will randomly give me a blue screen error. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, whether I’m downloading files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GussFront, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 randomly crashing.

Random times when I’m using my computer it will randomly give me a blue screen error. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, whether I’m downloading files or playing Minecraft, after 10 seconds or 10 hours, it will give me a blue screen eventually. I have completely wiped my PC, installed a fresh windows 10 copy, I’ve tried it on different SSD’s, everything I can thing of. (Including the check disk repair thing from the command prompt, and the whole fixing it from windows where you try to repair it from there). It never finds any issue, but I will either get a watchdog error, or a WHEA uncorrectable error. While having task manager open, nothing spikes before crashing, it doesn’t crash on a certain program or a certain event, all my drivers are up to date, and all of my hardware is functioning properly. (And there are no suspicious files downloaded on my PC).

submitted by /u/GussFront
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GussFront, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 randomly crashing.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly crashing.

1. Windows 10 randomly crashing. - Similar Threads - randomly crashing

2. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  3. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  4. Random crashes and don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes and don't know why: This randomly happened one day while watching YouTube. I had changed a couple things in the BIOS prior to the crashes but only fan speeds to which the temperatures are all cool whenever it crashes. System Information:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.19045 Build...
  5. Random crashes and don't know why

Random crashes and don't know why: This randomly happened one day while watching YouTube. I had changed a couple things in the BIOS prior to the crashes but only fan speeds to which the temperatures are all cool whenever it crashes. System Information:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.19045 Build...
  6. Random crashes and don't know why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...: Games usually close or freeze without any kind of warning every 15 to 20 minutes and I've been also getting many bluescreens recently 2 a day or so.So far, I've tried:- Updating all my drivers- Checking for memory leaks- Reinstalling Windows while saving my files- Checking...
  8. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...: Games usually close or freeze without any kind of warning every 15 to 20 minutes and I've been also getting many bluescreens recently 2 a day or so.So far, I've tried:- Updating all my drivers- Checking for memory leaks- Reinstalling Windows while saving my files- Checking...
  9. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

10. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event log 6008 windows 10