Windows 10: windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window

Discus and support windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can't seem to discover why windows 10 is randomly going into the multi workspace view of the desktop. Only ever one window in use. Anyone seen this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SWinstanley, Nov 19, 2018.

1. windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window

Can't seem to discover why windows 10 is randomly going into the multi workspace view of the desktop. Only ever one window in use. Anyone seen this behaviour and know what causes it?

:)

SWinstanley, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Nov 19, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window

Imation Ironkey Workspace Certified for Windows to Go

Imation Corp., a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced that its IronKey Workspace has been certified as a go-to-market USB 3.0-based mobile workspaces for deployment of Windows To Go. Windows To Go is a feature of Windows 8 that lets enterprise users boot a full version of Windows 8 from an external USB drive on multiple host PCs.

The IronKey Workspace will be available later in Q4 2012. The IronKey Workspaces will offer a simple, affordable option for organizations seeking to quickly implement Windows To Go in their organizations, featuring high-speed USB 3.0 technology and using Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption to protect data. For more information on Imation’s certified IronKey Workspaces for Windows To Go, visit this page.

windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window 138a_thm.jpg

“We are excited to announce Imation as one of our go-to-market associates to help enterprises take advantage of Windows To Go. Imation’s IronKey Workspace is designed for Windows To Go and will help organizations deliver a full-featured Windows 8 experience on multiple devices when booting from a USB drive,” said Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Enterprise, Microsoft.

Next year, Imation plans to roll out a line of solutions that empower organizations to deploy Windows To Go security-enhanced via Imation’s hardware encrypted flash drives, strong authentication and centralized device management. Organizations will be able to turn to Imation for security-enhanced workspace solutions for teleworkers, contractors and travelers at an attractive total cost of ownership using Windows To Go.

“Imation is committed to helping address the challenge of data security and compliance for its customers – from security-enhanced tiered storage solutions to helping secure data on portable devices that enable the workforce to be more mobile. The mobile workspace represents a significant evolution in personal computing and Imation is extremely pleased to bring USB drives and solutions for Windows To Go to market, and we look forward to using Imation’s hardware encryption technology, device management and deployment experience into our future offerings,” said Lawrence Reusing, General Manager for Mobile Security at Imation.

Blueprint for a security-enhanced mobile workspace strategy
    As a pioneer in USB-based security-enhanced mobile workspaces for Windows, Imation also today released a “Blueprint to Secure Mobile Workspaces” whitepaper to aid IT pros and others within organizations considering USB-based mobile workspaces.

“The idea of Windows To Go is an attractive one because it helps support the needs of the organization for security and management, and the desire of employees for portability, flexibility, and ease of use with their own devices,” said Lawrence Reusing of Imation.

Secure, compliant PC USB-based mobile workspaces represent a new personal computing category, ideal for organizations seeking to enable security-enhanced mobility for teleworkers, contractors and those that work from many different computers. Based on a track record with customer deployments of its security-enhanced mobile workspaces for Windows 7, Imation today published a “Blueprint to Secure Mobile Workspaces,” which outlines the opportunities, use cases and key considerations for deploying security-enhanced mobile workspaces. The whitepaper is available for download here.

btarunr, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window

1. windows 10 randomly displaying the multi-workspace selection window - Similar Threads - randomly displaying multi

2. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  3. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  4. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  5. Multi-display

Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  6. windows 11 multi display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 multi display: I have a Samsung tv which is connected with two more monitors, my tv is a Samsung Q80A 55 inches, this tv has game mode option and at the time of starting the tv in the aforementioned game mode option on the tv then the multi display of windows 11 disconnect my tvNVidia rtx...
  7. windows 11 multi display

windows 11 multi display: I have a Samsung tv which is connected with two more monitors, my tv is a Samsung Q80A 55 inches, this tv has game mode option and at the time of starting the tv in the aforementioned game mode option on the tv then the multi display of windows 11 disconnect my tvNVidia rtx...
  8. multi displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi displays: I have a graphics card that will take 3 monitos, with the latest drivers installed. Has 2 HDMI 1 Display Port. Main monitor is in display port, 1 other monitor is of course in the HDMI port.. The problem is when I connect the 3rd monitor to the other HDMI port Win 10 goes...
  9. Multi-displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-displays: How can I keep my computer monitor displaying computer matters, while having the HDMI monitor feed showing other programming like movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-displays/0d1a2b0d-3fee-4d06-bd7c-83194f232c1e
  10. Window 10 Multi-Display question

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 Multi-Display question: I was wondering if it is possible to have one desktop display on one screen with me using it. Meanwhile the other one have another desktop display with on the same pc wired to two mouse and keyboard be use by another person? If there a program for it, please recommend one for...