Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning I have a Dell laptop (2017, top range) and for a few months I experienced some random freezes and a very slow start-up. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wwhite00, May 24, 2021.

1. wwhite00 Win User

Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup

Good morning I have a Dell laptop (2017, top range) and for a few months I experienced some random freezes and a very slow start-up. I have already tried to clean install Windows 10, both with Dell utility and with stock Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I have also tried chkdsk, sfc, etc. but they only partially solve the problem and only temporarily. Already scanned for virus with AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes, Defender and Emsisoft. The problem is that even with stock Windows 10 clean install utility Windows Update automatically installs some Dell drivers that seem like outdated instead of stock Intel ones, and I think they cause these problems. Already updated all drivers according to Dell website. The disk (HDD) stays at 20 or 30 % when used and its health is "good". Winver: 21H1 19043.985 installed via Windows Media Creation Tool. Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

wwhite00, May 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, May 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup

1. Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup - Similar Threads - randomly freezes slow

2. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow startup: Hi,My windows 10 boots very slowly. I don't have anything in startup folder. Overall the windows 10 is good only the problem is it boots very slowly. I recently reset my windows 10. I have ran sfc/scannow, ran chkdsk and also ran memory diagnostic. I have updated all drivers...
  3. Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build, and I will list all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  4. Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build, and I will list all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  5. Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly: I'm using windows 10 From the last 10 days my explorer crashes or stops responding, sometimes with the screen going black with only a cursor, after I updated my windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 and removed the third party anti-virus software, explore is working better...
  7. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: the ongoing anomaly of windows 10 slow startup....I reduced the problem from 5 minutes or more to 90 seconds by doing 2 things mentioned in other fixes by users on this site...windows o/s will confound me till the end of time A layman's solution....criticism not...
  8. Windows 10 Slow startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Slow startup: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes. I have already tried several methods such as 1) disabling the unnecessary startups programs 2) freeing enough free...
  9. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: I have issues in startup its taking too much time with black screen before login. I checked event viewer to see what is taking that much time and that was the result: This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system...
  10. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...