Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly freezes for about 10 seconds, UI continues to work, probably a disk issue

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly freezes for about 10 seconds, UI continues to work, probably a disk issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When the freeze happens, mouse still can move, and moving the mouse over things like icons on desktop slightly highlights it, but nothing worksclicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zobody, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Zobody Win User

Windows 10 randomly freezes for about 10 seconds, UI continues to work, probably a disk issue

When the freeze happens, mouse still can move, and moving the mouse over things like icons on desktop slightly highlights it, but nothing worksclicking on stuff, right clicking, trying to open task manager etc

Looking at Resource Monitor while this happens shows that Disk activity completely falls to 0.

After the freeze ends, any actions I attempted are extremely quickly done, seemingly in order I did them.

Some context:

For several months I've had an unstable disk, and my boot partition was installed on it.

My computer would freeze randomly.

Today I reinstalled my Windows, and finally disconnected the faulty disk, and hoped that the issue would be fixed, however it was not.

My Windows are installed on a SSD, I also have another disk for my personal data that is a HDD.

:)

Zobody, Jan 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jan 1, 2020
  4. InhexSTER Win User

Windows 10 randomly freezes for about 10 seconds, UI continues to work, probably a disk issue

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 randomly freezes for about 10 seconds, UI continues to work, probably a disk issue - Similar Threads - randomly freezes seconds

2. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  3. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  4. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly

Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly: Hello: For a long time, my PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then the display would fail to render. After a lot of poking, it turns out that there is some kind of weirdness between the Spotify program downloaded from the website and some video cards. When I...
  6. Windows 10 was randomly freezing for about a second but then it got worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 was randomly freezing for about a second but then it got worse: I think this is unrelated but it’s here in case: So when I got my new pc everything was great then that night I turned it off and had windows say: failed to load windows 10 and that’s an issue I had with my old pc it wasn’t bad I just had to hit restart and it was fine so I...
  7. Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds: Dear experts My Laptop i7, 64 GB RAM, NVME SSD running Windows 10 Pro 2004 randomly freeze for few seconds, not only chrome but the whole system please see the video at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmK1huqMFhcVhESxvKEhm3arwTwfse8o/view?usp=sharing. Please help me to...
  8. Windows 10 randomly freezing for a few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freezing for a few seconds: Hello everyone, So I bought a brand new "HP Spectre x360 13-aw0350nd" 2 days ago. Specifications are: -Intel® Core™ i7-1065G processor -33,8 cm 13,3" Full HD-touchscreen -16GB RAM - 512GB SSD -Intel® Iris™ Plus - Windows 10 10.0.18363 When I got it, I installed some of my...
  9. Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly

Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly: Yes, It's a old problem. Its completely random, Screen freezes, mouse won't move, speaker keep repeat the last bit of audio. Normally you have 90% chance to got a BSOD in next 10 seconds, but no in this case. The wired thing is, it's will be recover in 2-5 seconds, after...
  10. Windows 10 UI and Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UI and Issues: Why Microsoft is not adding fluent design system to its dialog boxes and context menu. It looks weird some parts of windows adapted fluent design but still in many places fluent design is not present. I want Microsoft to ditch its ugly Ribbon UI in file explorer and office...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer freezes when trying to attch file to email